Hum. Soc. Law and KMD: Academic English
Mastering academic English can be as important as mastering your discipline. It is essential for presenting at conferences, publishing in journals and networking.
Even if your general level of English is high, this course will help you to improve your academic writing and presentation skills in English.
- Raise the level of your academic speaking and writing
- Boost your confidence and ability to explain complex ideas
- Learn to isolate key ideas and present them to target audiences
- Understand the appropriate style and level of formality
- Effectively connect ideas and build arguments
That is why we are offering this course to PhD candidates, postdoctoral fellows, researchers and associate professors at the Faculty of Humanities, Social science, Law and Art, Music and Design who want to improve their academic writing and presentation skills in English.
This is a digital course held on Zoom that includes one 30-minute individual session with the instructor for each participant.
The course will take place from 12:00–15:00, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, for two consecutive weeks.
Tuesday 21.11.23, Thursday 23.11.23, Tuesday 28.11.20 and Thursday 30.11.23.
The start date is November 21st, 2023.
The application deadline is November 6, 2023, and there are 10 places available. Click on the link to the right to apply.