The Utrecht Network
The Utrecht Network brings together 30 European universities in 24 countries with a common mission to share best practice and enhance the internationalisation process for both students and staff.
The Utrecht Network is particularly committed to areas of activity such as student and staff mobility, summer schools, the internationalisation of curriculum, joint curricula and double/joint degrees. To advance these activities, the Utrecht Network has set up five Task Forces:
- Internationalisation of Curricula Task Force
- Research MobilityTask Force
- Staff Mobility Task Force
- Student Mobility Task Force
- Summer School Task Force
The Utrecht Network Young Researchers Grant is designed to promote and further enhance the Network’s support to students and staff as well as broaden mobility between the Network’s institutions. Scholarships of € 1,000 each, will be offered to students, who might not be eligible for other scholarship programmes such as ERASMUS+ (e.g. length of stay is under 3 months). The grant is limited to thesis research on masters or PhD level. Students are allowed to take courses, but priority will be given to ‘research-only’ PhD students.
The Utrecht Network is indeed a European network with a global outlook. It has well established links with partner universities in Australia, United States and Brazil.
- Cooperation with the AEN (Australia-European Network) offers students the opportunity to apply for a study placement in six Australian universities.
- Coperation with the MAUI Network (Mid-America Universities International) offers students the opportunity to apply for placement in 11 American universities on 14 campuses.
- Cooperation with REARi-RJ offers students opportunities for placement in 13 universities in the state of Rio de Janeiro.
Kristin Torp Skogedal (coordinator)
More details on the Utrecht Network website.