Humanities: seed money to establish cross-faculty research collaboration
The present UiB call for proposals for seed money aims to establish cross-faculty collaboration with a pivotal humanistic perspective. Application deadline: February 1, 2020.
One of the main objectives of the Humanities Strategy at UiB is to increase UiB’s and the Humanities’ success in the funding programs organized by the Research Council of Norway and the EU.
The present UiB call for proposals for seed money aims to establish cross-faculty collaboration with a pivotal humanistic perspective. The Humanities Strategy at UiB outline the humanistic perspective as follows: “The humanities contribute to historical understanding and to underpin critical analysis, interpretation competence and linguistic awareness as tools and expressions. The humanities provide specific skills that are of great significance to public debate, but also have intrinsic value as experience and insight. The humanities entail reflections on the fundamental issues of existence, experience, meaning and values, and practices stewardship of historical memory and cultural awareness.”
The seed money shall be used to prepare a project application for funding by the Research Council of Norway and/or EU funding. Embedded in the UiB’s strategy for humanities, these funds can give a solid boost to the interdisciplinary research at UiB by including the humanities’ perspectives into larger projects.
- Maximum three applications for seed funding will be awarded, and applicants can apply for up to NOK 150,000 per application. The funds are available until 31.12.2020.
- The funds can be applied for by established research groups or new networks. At least two faculties at UiB must be involved in the application.
- Applicants can apply for funds for workshops / conferences, travel activities and / or research assistance. A budget for the use of the seed funds shall follow the application.
- Plans for a possible project proposal are to be described in the application. UiB has to be the coordinator of the project proposal.
- The application for seed funding has to be approved by the academic leaders of all involved departments and faculties.
- The application is to be sent through ePhorte to the Division of Research Administration, attn. Jutta Schloon.
- Applications will be assessed by a program committee chaired by the pro-rector.
- A report that describes the use of the funds has to be submitted to the Division of Research Administration by 10.01.2021. A standard report form will be created for this purpose.
Applicants must use the attached application form for seed money for cross-faculty collaboration.
Application deadline: February 1, 2020.