Areas of responsibility
The Estate and Facilities Management division is in charge of the management, operation and maintenance of all UiB buildings. The division is also in charge of planning and implementing new construction projects and of operating the buildings, outside areas and post and transport services.
- Plans and implements land use and property management in accordance with the management decisions made by the University Board or the University Director.
- Contact point for users during larger renovation and maintenance projects, as well as during moving processes.
- Dispatch, records management and archives of the department
- Rental flats, guest accommodation, cabins, cafeterias, classrooms, garage spots
- Internal financial management and HR cases
- Facilitates internal HSE work
Office for renovation and maintenance
- Plans and has project management responsibility for modernization, renovation, rehabilitation and repair of buildings, outdoor areas and industrial installations, more closely defined maintenance of buildings.
- Plans furnishings, inventory and larger procurements of equipment for UiB buildings and rented premises.
- Participant in projects where Statsbygg is the construction client.
- Maintenance, development and updating of the FDV system (LYDIA)
Office of operations
- Plans and executes operations and more closely defined maintenance of buildings and outside areas, as well as operations (incl. cleaning), maintenance and renewal of technical installations* to create the best physical work environment possible. (*Telephony and computers come under the purview of the IT department.)
- Buildings are divided into four geographic operations areas. Operations areas 1-3 are at Nygårdshøyden and area 4 is at Årstadvollen/in the Haukeland area. The operations areas are headed by an area manager who reports to the building manager in the Office of operations. Each operations area has a maintenance manager and operational manager who report to the area manager.
- Internal and external postal services
- Moving assignments at UiB, as well as smaller assignments such as mounting shelves etc.
- Operation and maintenance of UiB's outdoor areas
- In charge of UiB's fire and safety work
- In charge of access control for buildings and access cards for employees and students.
- Technical coordinator when Statsbygg is the construction client/project manager.