Information for applicants to the department`s PhD-programme
Application for the doctoral programme at the Department of Foreign Languages
To be admitted to our doctoral programme you usually have two options:
1) Apply for an announced fellowship (stipend) within January/February of each year.
There are, however, also scholarships offered by the department`s various research projects in addition to the above mentioned main deadline. These may be announced at various times of the year.
NB! For the Department`s own announcements for salaried research fellow positions please consult: www.jobbnorge.no
2) Apply any time for admission directly to a doctoral programme (with funding from own country/institution/programme etc.).
When you apply you also must submit:
- A project description (outline)
- A time schedule for the period
- Certified copies of your diplomas
- A survey of your previous publications (if any) including your Master Thesis (thesis not to be included).
- Acceptance/confirmation from a person at this faculty/department willing
to be your supervisor
- Acceptance/confirmation from the Department, usually by the signature of
the head of department
- Valid proof of satisfactory financing for the whole period
External applicants are required to guarantee that they can cover expenses of about NOK 120-140.000,- per year, which corresponds to approximately 15000 to 17500 Euros or 24000 to 28000 USD. This should cover living costs, travels and a fee for using the university`s facilities. office, pc etc
For further information on the studies belonging to the Faculty of Humanities please also contact our information centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions on the doctoral programme at the department of Foreign Languages please contact: Jan.Johansen@uib.no