Protective measures in connection with the Corona virus
Protective measures for employees and students in order to prevent the spread of the Corona virus in work and study situations.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly (at least 20 seconds).
It is recommended to wash your hands in the following cases:
- After having been in public places
- After a toilet visit
- Before handling food and before consuming a meal
- After contact with contaminated objects and equipment
- After removing gloves. o After coughing and sneezing, and after having wiped your nose o Hand disinfection with alcohol-based agent is used if hand washing is not available.
In the workplace, we also recommend washing your hands when coming to work, going from place to place, and when you change work equipment.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing directly at others and cover mouth and nose with paper that is immediately discarded.
- Use elbow hook when you sneeze or cough and not have paper available. Cleaning and disinfection
- Employees are encouraged to clean or disinfect touch points such as lab benches, handles, switches, washers, etc. in their own labs or offices regularly. Cleaning with water and detergent should be the main rule. SARS-CoV-2 is also sensitive to disinfectants such as alcohol or chlorine-based disinfectants.
- Workbenches, equipment etc should be cleaned before and after use.
- Everyone is responsible for cleaning and washing the dining area after each break.
- Pay extra attention to the hygiene around the kitchen and lunch room. Wash your hands before and after visiting the rooms. Fixed seats is recommended while eating.
- Students and staff are encouraged to limit the number of rooms they occupy.
- Regular cleaning is performed in accordance with the company's cleaning plan.
- Keep >1 meters distance to others, both when working and during the meal break - indoors and outdoors.
- For work situations that require less than 1 meters distance to others, facemasks and goggles should be used.
- The line manager must determine how many people can access the builiding, depending on the area available.
- Pay particular attention to the fact that people do not accumulate in transit traffic areas. It is your responsibility to maintain sufficient distance from others at all times.
- Avoid unnecessary strain on public transport; walking, cycling, driving your own car.
- When using a work car, a maximum of two persons must be in the cars, one in front and one in the rear. Use permanent team-mates whenever possible.
- Contact surfaces in the cars should be cleaned daily.
- If you experience symptoms that match the corona infection you need to stay home.
Prepared by the Occupational Health Service at UiB 06.04.2020. Updated 15.06.2020.