Guidelines in case an employee or student becomes ill of Covid-19 on campus
Guidelines for leaders and teachers in case an employee or student becomes ill of Covid-19 on campus
Prevention, applies to all UiB units:
- Sick people or people with symptoms of Covid-19 should not attend work.
- Have available disinfectants for hand disinfection.
- Hang up posters about distancing rules and hand- and cough-hygiene.
- Have some facemasks available.
Employee/student who gets sick of Covid-19 while at work/on campus:
- An employee or student who becomes ill by Covid-19 at work / on campus should leave for home as soon as possible. Contact Legevakten (NO), the emergency clinic, immediately to schedule testing.
- Sick people, who need to be picked up by others, must wait in a separate room or outside away from others.
Transportation options for employee/student who gets sick from Covid-19 while on campus:
- Sick people who need to be picked up by others:
- Close family, friends, colleague, etc. are considered as others
- The sick person should wear a facemask and sit in the back seat.
- Sick people should not take public transport.
- If a sick person must take public transport, facemask should be used.
How to report:
• The sick person must notify the nearest leader.Students contact their faculty. Do not meet in person, send email or call.
• If the sick person is diagnosed with Covid-19, this form must be completed.
Leaders / Leader`s representative:
- If an employee / student becomes ill from Covid-19 on campus, rooms / spaces where the sick person has been staying in, must be temporarily closed.
- Rooms the patient has stayed in for the last 48 hours must be thoroughly cleaned. This also applies to toilet and common areas.
- A thorough cleaning can be ordered via LYDIA, labeled cleaning.
- When Covid-19 infection is confirmed, the municipality of Bergen is responsible for infection detection.
- The leader / leader's representative may be asked to assist with information on which areas the sick person has been staying in and relevant close contacts.