About the Occupational Health Service
The occupational health service shall assist the employer, the employees, the working environment committee and safety representatives in creating safe and sound working conditions. The occupational health service shall have a free and independent position as regards working environment matters (Working Environment Act § 3-3).
All employees at UiB, as well as associated PhD candidates, can contact the Occupational Health Service. Our services extends from individual consultations to services on an organizational level.
- Targeted health examinations
- Travel medicine prior to field trips and research cruises
- Psychosocial and organizational work environment
- Psychological health at work
- Psychological guidance for PhD candidates and Young Scientists
- Occupational hygiene risk assessment
- Indoor climate
- Construction cases
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Sick leave follow-up
- Workplace adjustments