The HSE-gateway

Health care

Health care for foreign citizens working or studying at UiB.

Main content

For UiB employees there are some health care services available , such as vaccination for the hepatitis A and B virus and tetanus, and a health control programme for those who work with fur animals.

If health care issues are work related, the occupational health service at the HSE-section can be contacted for a consultation. For all other health care issues, the public health service must be used (see below).


Public health service

"Legene på Høyden" are offering emergency medical treatment to:

  • Foreign employees and students at UiB who do not have a GP , and their families
  • Students who do not have a GP in Bergen

More information about "Legene på Høyden"