What are HSE non-conformities
Definitions of HSE non-conformities and categories.
HSE non-conformities are all adverse events and/or matters that have resulted or may result in harm to people, the environment and property.
The following predefined HSE categories should be reported in the digital system:
- fires and explosions
- break-in, theft, robbery and unauthorised access to buildings and areas
- damage to property and structural conditions in buildings (building operations/repairs must be reported in Lydia)
- personal injuries
- harmful emissions to the environment
- incorrect handling of chemicals, gas, biological agents and sources of radiation
- third party violence and threats (students reports in the Speak-up system (Si fra))
- breaches of the health and safety legislation, guidelines and routines
Matters that should not be reported as HSE non-conformities
There are some matters that should not be reported via this system out of respect for people's privacy and/or duty of confidentiality. Matters pertaining to the following categories should not be reported here:
- Personal conflicts (NO)
- Reporting improper conduct (whistle-blowing)
- Complaints from students concerning their supervisor (NO)
- Complaints from students regarding the learning environment
Demand notice in Lydia: Issues related to building operations and repairs of material/construction must me reported as a demand notice in Lydia. Major damage to property and structural conditions in buildings, as well as system failures should be reported as HSE non-conformities.