The overall objective of HySAGO is to create groundbreaking interdisciplinary knowledge on the safety and governance of hydrogen as an energy carrier in society.
The following secondary objectives support this aim:
- To investigate critical physical phenomena by means of experiments and multiscale modelling.
- To challenge contemporary paradigms of safety, security and risk for emerging technologies.
- To understand individual perception and decision-making related to hydrogen as an energy carrier.
- To explore how legal frameworks influence the deployment of hydrogen technologies.
- To analyse the support for, and the opposition to, hydrogen technologies amongst stakeholders (including the public), and how this influences the adoption of renewable energy sources.
- To create a flexible and inclusive centre for responsible interdisciplinary research.
- To disseminate science-based knowledge and raise awareness of hydrogen as an energy carrier through publications, education and public outreach.