In love with the nature
– This place is incredibly beautiful – and I am already in love with the nature and everything that surrounds me.
- Name: Aleksei Kolbeshev
- Age: 22
- Nationality: Russian
- Exchange Programme: Bilateral agreement
- Home University: Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, Kaliningrad.
- Duration of your stay: One semester, spring 2015
- Subjects: Energy Law, Introduction to Copyright Law, International Business Contracts: Structures, Negotiation, Conflict Avoidance and Resolution, and Arbitration Theory and Practice.
- How have you been received in Bergen?
I definitely can say that the welcome in Bergen was organized on a high level. Before coming here I received all instructions – how to get to the city, what I should know before, where I could get the keys for my room. So it was almost impossible to get lost or feel lonely.
- How is your impression of Bergen compared to what you expected?
I have been in Bergen before, so I already knew what to expect. But when I came here this time, I was totally amazed again. This place is incredibly beautiful – and I am already in love with the nature and everything that surrounds me.
- Which main differences are there between your home country and Norway with regard to being a student?
The student life here is organized way better than at my university. By this I mean SiB – this organization helps students with everything we need, from housing to health care.
- What is the most important academic outcome you have gained from your time in Bergen?
The University of Bergen offers courses that I do not have at my home faculty. I think the knowledge I get here will help me in my future law career.
Also, I like foreign languages and I started to learn Norwegian here. That is very interesting! And last but not least, I can improve my English because I use it daily to communicate with people.
- What are your future plans?
I want to get a Master’s degree specializing in Energy Law.