Election of rector and members to the University Board 2021
Vote in the election to the University Board
The election takes place between Thursday 22 April at 09:00 AM to Tuesday 27 April at 12:00 PM. You can read more about the candidates running for the University board here .
Group A: 2 members and substitute members shall be elected for academic staff.
Group B: 1 member and substitute members shall be elected for temporary academic staff.
Group C: 1 member and substitute members shall be elected for technical/administrative staff.
You may vote here: https://valg.usit.no/uib/valg/login.do
- Log in with your username and password.
- Select the "University Board 2021".
- Choose the group where you belong and where you can give your vote.
- The candidate you would most like to see elected should receive your first preference and must be ranked number 1. You can then give your second preference to your next preferred candidate and so on.
- You can vote again until the election formally ends. If you do, your previous ballot will be automatically deleted.
The voting system – a short explanation
The preference voting system is an electoral system in a multi-member district where you cast your vote to candidates in a ranked order. The candidate you would most like to see elected should receive your first preference and must be ranked number 1. You can then give your second preference to your next preferred candidate. This candidate must be ranked number 2. You can continue to rank all the candidates listed. If your preferred candidate fails to get elected when the votes are counted, your vote will be transferred to your next candidate on your ranked list, and so on.
Since the list of candidates is not preranked, this voting system gives you an influence as to who is elected, even if your first preferred candidate fails to receive enough votes to be elected. If you only prioritize one candidate and this candidate is eliminated due to insufficient support when the votes are counted, your vote cannot be transferred to a next candidate and you will have no more influence on who is elected.
Check if you are eligible to vote:
Do you have any question, please contact the secretariat for Central Election Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org