At the Faculty Day we honour some of the best researchers within the medical field. Here are the award winners of 2017!
Winner of the Falch’s Senior Award: Kenneth Dickstein
Kenneth Dickstein is a professor emeritus in cardiology at UiB, and in 2014 he was ranked as one of the top 100 most cited researchers in the world.
Last year he was awarded Nasjonalforeningen for folkehelsens Hjarteforskingspris for his contribution to research on cardiovascular diseases.
Winner of the Falch’s Junior Award: Bjørn Egil Vikse
Bjørn Egil Vikse currently works as a professor in medicine at Department of Clinical Medicine, with his work place at Haugesund Hospital.
Vikse was one of the first who discovered that gestiational diabetes could affect the offspring risk of developing kidney disease and kidney failure as an adult. He also showed that being born low birth weight was a risk factor for renal diseases.
The award ceremony will be 8th June at Stort Auditorium, Haukeland University Hospital.
Don’t miss the Falch Lecture by Fred “Rusty” Gage! More info about the event: The Faculty Day
Here are the award winners for the Faculty of Medicine Awards
- «Årets ph.d.-arbeid» - Inger Marie Løes, Department of Medical Science
- «Studiekvalitetsprisen» – Fagmiljøet i nukleærmedisin, Department of Clinical Medicine
- «Årets forskningsgruppe» - Lipidgruppen by Rolf Berge, Department of Medical Science
- “Prisen for internasjonalisering i studiene” - MOOC – Occupational health in developing countries, Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care
- «Årets forskningsformidler» - Tone Elise Gjøtterud Henriksen, Department of Clinical Medicine
- «Undervisningsprisen» – Inger Lise Teig, Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care
- «Årets publikasjon» – «Myasthenia gravis» by Nils Erik Gilhus, Department of Clinical Medicine