Innovation relevant funding possibilities
Researchers at the Faculty of Medicine can apply for funding to support research with innovative potential from national and international sources. If you have any questions about the calls, please do not hesitate to contact faculty advisors MEDforsk@uib.no.
Research Council of Norway
- Commercializing R&D results (FORNY2020): The Research Council is announcing commercialisation funding for milestone projects aimed at completing the next, most critical milestone phase to clarify key questions essential for determining which course to pursue. This call is targeted towards proposals for new projects that have not previously been awarded commercialisation funding from the Research Council. This call for proposals is part of a collaborative effort between the BIOTEK2021, NANO2021, IKTPLUSS, Transport 2025, MAROFF, BIONÆR, SAMANSVAR and FORNY2020 programmes. The grant is for 500 000 NOK over a 3-12 month period. Continuing deadline.
- Innovation Actions and Research and Innovation Actions: Horizon2020 addresses major concerns shared by citizens in Europe and elsewhere through their "Societal Challenges pillar". The calls including an innovation perspective fall under either Innovation Actions or Research and Innovation Actions. Please contact faculty's research advisors to help you find a suitable call for your research field.
- FET OPEN - Novel ideas for radically new technologies: FET Open supports early stage science and technology research exploring new foundations for radically new future technologies by challenging current paradigms and venturing into unknown areas. A bottom-up selection process widely open to any research idea builds up a diverse portfolio of new research directions. Early detection of promising new areas, developments and trends, along with attracting new and high-potential research and innovation players, are key factors. FET Open combines high scientific ambition with concrete technological implications. It aims to attract interdisciplinary consortia that do not shy away from exploring connections between remote disciplines in order to open-up new and potentially game changing technological directions that FET as a whole aims to develop into the leading technology paradigms of the future.
Under the FET OPEN call two topics are open:
- FETOPEN-01-2018-2019-2020: FET-Open Challenging Current Thinking - cut-off dates are 18 September 2019, 13 May 2020
- FETOPEN-03-2018-2019-2020: FET Innovation Launchpad - cut-off dates are 08 October 2019, 14 October 2020
Centre for Digital Life Norway
Centre for Digital Life Norway - Research and innovation projects funded by directed calls in the Norwegian Research Council’s program Biotechnology for Innovation (BIOTEK2021) become a part of the centre. There are two mechanisms for project membership:
- Research project - apply to the call in the program "Biotechnology for Innovation" (BIOTEK2021) by the Research Council of Norway. Call closed 12 September 2018.
- Partner project - apply to the centre to become a partner project.
To become a part of the centre you should share the centre’s vision: "Significantly improve the innovation potential of Norwegian biotechnology to create economic growth and societal and environmental value the four thematic focus areas, marine, agricultural, industrial and medical, in which biotechnology can play a role in addressing societal challenges."