Committee for the Core facilities at the Faculty of Medicine
The committee for the core facilities at the Faculty of Medicine shall work to ensure that the core facilities function as appropriately as possible in order to promote research at the Faculty.
Composition of the committee for the period 2020-2024
- Committee leader: Vice Dean for research Marit Bakke
- Representative for Genomics (GCF): Vidar Martine Steen
- Representative for Animal facility: Suzanne Louise Robinson Brandt
- Representative for Flow Cytometry: Silke Appel and Brith Olsen Theil Bergum
- Representative for Research Unit for Health Surveys (FHU): Francisco Real
- Representative for BISS: Petri Kursula
- Representative for Biostatistics and data analysis (BIOS): Jannicke Igland
- Representative for The Molecular Imaging Center MIC: Frits Alan Thorsen og Hege Avsnes Dale
- Representative for PROBE: Frode Selheim
- Representative for Metabolomics: Maria del Carmen Hernandez Valladares
- Representative for institutt for klinisk odontologi: Mihaela-Roxana Cimpan
- Representatives technical staff: Even Birkeland (Probe) og Jørn Skavland (Flow)
- User representatives: Emmet Mc Cormack (Animal facility) og Eva Gerdts (FHU)
- Committee secretary: Havjin Jacob
The committee's mandate
- The committee shall be an advisory body for faculty and department management in matters such s the core facilites and other major infrastructure at the faculty, with intention that competence and infrastructure in the core facilites benefit researchers at UiB, Helse Bergen and other actors in the best possible way.
- The committee shall ensure that professional developement, organization and operation are well taken care of at the core facilites, and taht the criteria for core facilites at MED are followed.
- When discovering deficiencies in the core facilites, the committee shall prepare proposal for solutions for faculty and department management.
- The faculty also has heavy infrastructure that is not under a core facility.
- The committee shall continuously assess whether infrastructure that is procured should be placed in a core facility. If such as location is not appropriate, the committee shall comment on how the infrastructure can best be made avaliable to the researchers. The committee may also have views on other matters concerning the infrastructure.
The committee shall consist of:
Vice Dean for Research (leader)The managers of the core facilities2 representatives of technical staff at the core facilities2 representatives of local users of the core facilities
The committee is appointed for 4 years in a row. The committee meets 3 times every year, or more often when needed.
The committee's meeting shcedule
The committe's planned meeting in the Spring of 2022:
1st meeting: 23.02.2022
2nd meeting: 08.04.2022
3rd meeting: 20.05.2022
Meeting agenda and reports
Please visit our Norwegian website for the meeting agenda and reports