Øystein Haarklau Johansen
- Visitor AddressHaukeland universitetssykehus, Laboratoriebygget5009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2022). Oocyst Shedding Dynamics in Children with Cryptosporidiosis: a Prospective Clinical Case Series in Ethiopia. Microbiology spectrum. 1-11.
- (2022). A comparison of risk factors for cryptosporidiosis and non-cryptosporidiosis diarrhoea: A case-case-control study in Ethiopian children. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 20 pages.
- (2020). Prolonged empirical antibiotic therapy is correlated with bloodstream infections and increased mortality in a tertiary care hospital in Ethiopia: bacteriology testing matters. JAC-Antimicrobial Resistance (JAC-AMR).
- (2020). Performance and operational feasibility of two diagnostic tests for cryptosporidiosis in children (CRYPTO-POC): a clinical, prospective, diagnostic accuracy study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases. 722-730.
- (2020). A Feasible Laboratory-Strengthening Intervention Yielding a Sustainable Clinical Bacteriology Sector to Support Antimicrobial Stewardship in a Large Referral Hospital in Ethiopia. Frontiers in Public Health.
- (2019). Prolonged and persistent diarrhoea is not restricted to children with acute malnutrition: an observational study in Ethiopia. Tropical medicine & international health. 1088-1097.
- (2019). Metronidazole-sensitive organisms in children with severe acute malnutrition: an evaluation of the indication for empiric metronidazole treatment. Clinical Microbiology and Infection (CMI). 1-5.
- (2019). Critical evaluation of the appetite test for children with severe acute malnutrition. Tropical medicine & international health. 1-9.
- (2015). Symptomatic and asymptomatic secondary transmission of Cryptosporidium parvum following two related outbreaks in schoolchildren. Epidemiology and Infection. 1702-1709.
- (2014). Second outbreak of infection with a rare Cryptosporidium parvum genotype in schoolchildren associated with contact with lambs/goat kids at a holiday farm in Norway. Epidemiology and Infection. 2105-2113.
- (2011). An outbreak of gastroenteritis among schoolchildren staying in a wildlife reserve: Thorough investigation reveals Norway's largest cryptosporidiosis outbreak. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 287-295.
- (2020). Performance and operational feasibility of two point-of-care diagnostic tests for cryptosporidiosis in children: lessons learned from a large diagnostic accuracy study in Ethiopia.
- (2019). Prolonged and persistent diarrhoea in children: a case-control study in Ethiopia.
- (2019). Auramine-phenol staining and light-emitting diode fluorescence microscopy and a rapid dipstick test for detection of Cryptosporidium infection: a diagnostic accuracy study in a university hospital and a rural health centre in Ethiopia.
- (2017). Low-cost point-of-care diagnosis of Cryptosporidium infection in resource limited settings – the CRYPTO-POC study.
Academic literature review
- (2020). Cryptosporidium Infections in Africa—How important Is zoonotic transmission? A review of the evidence. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 1-25.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)