Øystein Olav Skaar is an associate professor in pedagogy and study programme coordinator for the pedagogical studies at Inn University, Lillehammer. Skaar has a PhD in psychology from the University of Oslo (2019) and a master's degree in education from the University of Bergen (2013).
- Methodology and research designs
- Open science
- R (programming language)
- Baeysian statistics (have developed the R pacakge: bfw: Bayesian Framework for Computational Modeling)
- Mixed research
- The relationship between motivation, self-effficay and creativity
- Social role theory
- Digital Competence in Education
Skaar is a member of the research group Quality in higher education (Inn University), and is employed as a researcher with Digital Learning Communities (University of Bergen) and as an editorial assistant at Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy.
2020 – d.d.: Associate professor, Inn University, Lillehammer
2020 – d.d.: Researcher at the University of Bergen
2019 – 2020: Assistant professor, Inn University, Lillehammer
2014 – 2019: PhD research fellow in psychology at the University of Oslo
2013 – 2014: Research assistant at the University of Bergen
2013 – 2014: Assistant professor, teacher ed. programme at the University of Bergen
2011 – 2013: Master in Education from the University of Bergen
- Thesis: The Multimedia Expanse
2010 – 2012: Preschool teacher in the municipality of Bergen
2007 – 2010: Bachelor in Preschool Education from Bergen University College
- 2020. Motivation through insight: the phenomenological correlates of insight and spatial ability tasks. Journal of Cognitive Psychology. 13 pages.
- 2019. The phenomenology of aha-experiences. Motivation Science. 49-60.
- 2016. Effects of facial symmetry and gaze direction on perception of social attributes: A study in experimental art history. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- 2015. Multimedia discrepancies - plenary lectures as perceived by students. UNIPED. 53-73.
- 2020. Kappen i en doktorgrad .
- 2020. Peer review.
- 2013. The Multimedia Expanse.
- 2021. Når fysisk nærvær blir fjernvær. Dagens medisin.
- 2021. Koronapandemien - og de beste blant oss. Dagens medisin.
- 2014. Den misforståtte digitale kompetansen. NRK Ytring.
- 2013. Digital læring i førelesingar. På Høyden - nettavis for Universitetet i Bergen.
- 2020. Schooling, educational technology and teachers’ everyday practice in Norway .
- 2016. Forskingsbasert multimedialæring. 214-235. In:
- 2016. Digital læring i skole og lærerutdanning. Universitetsforlaget.