- (2021). The effect of sleep-wake intraindividual variability in digital cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia: a mediation analysis of a large-scale RCT. Sleep. 1-10.
- (2021). Study protocol: the Norwegian Triple-S Cohort Study - establishing a longitudinal health survey of children and adolescents with experiences of maltreatment. BMC Public Health. 1-10.
- (2021). Stability and Change of the Personality Traits Languidity and Flexibility in a Sample of Nurses: A 7–8 Years Follow-Up Study. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
- (2021). Sleep patterns among Norwegian nurses between the first and second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC Nursing. 6 pages.
- (2021). Mode of delivery of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia: a randomized controlled non-inferiority trial of digital and face-to-face therapy. Sleep. 1-12.
- (2021). Locked and lonely? A longitudinal assessment of loneliness before and during the COVID-19 pandemic in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 1-8.
- (2021). How the Norwegian population was affected by non-pharmaceutical interventions during the first six weeks of the COVID-19 lockdown. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 1-8.
- (2021). Digital cognitive-behavioural therapy for insomnia compared with digital patient education about insomnia in individuals referred to secondary mental health services in Norway: Protocol for a multicentre randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. 1-10.
- (2021). Covid-fatigued? A longitudinal study of Norwegian older adults’ psychosocial well-being before and during early and later stages of the COVID-19 pandemic. European Journal of Ageing. 1-11.
- (2021). Changes in work schedule affect the prevalence of shift work disorder among Norwegian nurses–a two year follow-up study. Chronobiology International. 924-932.
- (2020). Trajectories of sleep problems from adolescence to adulthood. Linking two population-based studies from Norway. Sleep Medicine. 411-417.
- (2020). Tinder use and romantic relationship formations: A large-scale longitudinal study. Frontiers in Psychology. 10 pages.
- (2020). The association between shift work and immunological biomarkers in nurses. Frontiers In Public Health. 1-9.
- (2020). The Norwegian remote intervention program for problem gambling: Short- and long-term outcomes. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 365-383.
- (2020). The Effect of Reducing Insomnia Severity on Work- and Activity-Related Impairment. Behavioral Sleep Medicine. 11 pages.
- (2020). Sleep in the land of the midnight sun and polar night: The Tromsø study. Chronobiology International. 1-10.
- (2020). Short sleep duration and high exposure to quick returns are associated with impaired everyday memory in shift workers. Nursing Outlook. 1-9.
- (2020). General and alcohol-related social media use and mental health: A large-sample longitudinal study. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. 12 pages.
- (2020). Effects of digital cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia on insomnia severity: a large-scale randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Digital Health. E397-E406.
- (2020). Demographical, personality, alcohol use, and mental health characteristics associated with different alcoholic beverage preferences among students. Cogent Psychology. 1-20.
- (2019). Working hour characteristics and schedules among nurses in three Nordic countries – a comparative study using payroll data. BMC Nursing. 1-10.
- (2019). The associations between low-level gaming, high-level gaming and problematic alcohol use. Addictive Behaviors Reports. 9 pages.
- (2019). Short rest between shifts (quick returns) and night work is associated with work-related accidents. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 829-835.
- (2019). Short and long-term effects of unguided internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy for chronic insomnia in morning and evening persons: a post-hoc analysis. Chronobiology International. 1384-1389.
- (2019). Patients with delayed sleep-wake phase disorder show poorer executive functions compared to good sleepers. Sleep Medicine. 244-249.
- (2019). Long-Term Effects of an Unguided Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Chronic Insomnia. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM). 101-110.
- (2019). Insomnia, sleep duration and academic performance: A national survey of Norwegian college and university students. Sleep Medicine: X. 1-8.
- (2019). Habitual sleep, social jetlag, and reaction time in youths with delayed sleep–wake phase disorder. A case–control study. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- (2019). Demographics, personality and substance-use characteristics associated with forming romantic relationships. Evolutionary Psychological Science. 13 pages.
- (2018). Who is watching user-generated alcohol posts on social media? Addictive Behaviours. 131-137.
- (2018). Sleep patterns and insomnia in young adults: a national survey of Norwegian university students. Journal of Sleep Research. 10 pages.
- (2018). Overcoming insomnia: Protocol for a large-scale randomised controlled trial of online cognitive behaviour therapy for insomnia compared with online patient education about sleep. BMJ Open. 1-11.
- (2018). Long working hours are inversely related to sick leave in the following 3 months: a 4-year registry study. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 10 pages.
- (2018). Internet-delivered cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia and comorbid symptoms. Internet Interventions. 11-15.
- (2018). "Freshman's week": Characteristics associated with participation and experiencing adverse effects. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy. 10 pages.
- (2017). The short-term efficacy of an unguided internet-based cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia: A randomized controlled trial with a six-month nonrandomized follow-up. Behavioral Sleep Medicine. 137-155.
- (2017). Sleep difficulties and academic performance in Norwegian higher education students. British Journal of Educational Psychology. 722-737.
- (2017). Sleep detriments associated with quick returns in rotating shift work: a diary study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 522-527.
- (2017). Sharing of alcohol-related content on social networking sites: Frequency, content, and correlates. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 608-616.
- (2017). Recurrent cannabis use among Norwegian students: Prevalence, characteristics, and polysubstance use. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 497-510.
- (2017). Disclosure and exposure of alcohol on social media and later alcohol use: A large-scale longitudinal study. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-11.
- (2017). Alcohol use among business students: Demographic, personality, and social correlates of increased consumption. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. 900-910.
- (2017). Alcohol use among Norwegian students: Demographics, personality and psychological health correlates of drinking patterns. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 415-429.
- (2016). Short rest between shift intervals increases the risk of sick leave: a prospective registry study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 496-501.
- (2016). Prospective study of predictors and consequences of insomnia: Personality, lifestyle, mental health, and work-related stressors. Sleep Medicine. 51-58.
- (2014). A randomized controlled trial with bright light and melatonin for delayed sleep phase disorder: Effects on subjective and objective sleep. Chronobiology International. 72-86.
- (2013). The Personality Profile of Young Adults With Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. Behavioral Sleep Medicine. 12 pages.
- (2013). Objective measures of sleep and dim light melatonin onset in adolescents and young adults with delayed sleep phase disorder compared to healthy controls. Journal of Sleep Research. 365-372.
- (2013). Longitudinal predictors of changes in the morningness-eveningness personality among Norwegian nurses. Personality and Individual Differences. 152-156.
- (2013). A randomized controlled trial with bright light and melatonin for the treatment of delayed sleep phase disorder: effects on subjective and objective sleepiness and cognitive function. Journal of Biological Rhythms. 306-321.
- (2012). School start time, sleepiness and functioning in Norwegian adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research. 55-67.
- (2021). Folkehelserapportens temautgave 2021. Folkehelsen etter covid-19. Pandemiens konsekvenser for ulike grupper i befolkningen. .
- (2020). Folkehelseundersøkelsen i Rogaland 2020: Fremgangsmåte og utvalgte resultater. .
- (2015). Co-ordination of research on working hours and health in the Nordic countries. .
- (2018). The association between gaming and hazardous alcohol use.
- (2016). Chronic insomnia in morningness and eveningness individuals, and short and long term effects of online cognitive behavioural therapy .
- (2013). The Future of Insomnia Treatment-the Challenge of Implementation. Sleep. 303-304.
Reader opinion piece
- (2016). Få hjelp - bidra til viktig forskning. Namdalsavisa. 1 pages.
- (2020). A longitudinal study on the association between quick returns and occupational accidents. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 645-649.
Popular scientific article
- (2020). Kveldsskift følgd av eit dagskift: Kva konsekvensar har "quick return"-vakter for søvn, helse og sikkerheit? Tidsskriftet SØVN. 27-31.
- (2019). Ta søvnvansker på alvor . Bergens Tidende.
- (2017). Shift work. The importance of sufficient time for rest between shifts.
- (2014). Sju ting de som sover godt gjør riktig.
- (2013). Intervju i NRK hordaland.
- (2013). Internettbehandling mot søvnløshet.
- (2013). Fra natteravn til morgenmenneske.
- (2013). A- og B-menneskerDu kan bli et A-menneske.
- (2013). A- og B-mennesker kan endre seg.
- (2018). A randomized noninferiority trial comparing Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) delivered by a therapist or via a fully automated online treatment program. Sleep.
- (2012). Polysomnographic measures of sleep in adolescents and young adults with delayed sleep phase disorder and healthy controls on a self-chosen sleep schedule. Journal of Sleep Research. 6-6.
- (2016). 18-month follow-up effects of online CBTi.
Academic literature review
- (2021). Sleep disturbances and first onset of major mental disorders in adolescence and early adulthood: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 1-11.
- (2016). Systematic review of the relationship between quick returns in rotating shift work and health-related outcomes. Ergonomics. 1-14.