Admassu N. Lamu
- Visitor AddressKalfarveien 31
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- Determinants of health and well-being,
- Valuation of health outcomes (Development and testing of preference-based measures),
- Mapping between measures of health outcomes (e.g., between condition-specific and generic preference-based measures of health),
- Economic evaluation (Cost effectiveness analysis).
- Quantitative methods,
- Measuring and valuing health, and
- Economic evaluation.
I am interested in supervising research students in topics related to development of preference-based measures, well-being and application of economic evaluation methods.
1. Lamu AN, Olsen JA (2016). The relative importance of health, income and social relations for subjective well-being: An integrative analysis. Soc Sci Med. 152:176-85. https://doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2016.01.046.
2. Gamst-Klaussen T, Chen G, Lamu AN, Olsen JA (2016). Health state utility instruments compared: inquiring into nonlinearity across EQ-5D-5L, SF-6D, HUI-3 and 15D. Qual Life Res. 25(7):1667-78. https://doi:10.1007/s11136-015-1212-3.
3. Lamu AN, Gamst-Klaussen T, Olsen JA (2017). Preference Weighting of Health State Values: What Difference Does it make, and Why? Value Health. 20(3):451-457. https://doi:10.1016/j.jval.2016.10.002.
4. Lamu AN, Olsen JA (2017). Yes, health is important, but as much for its importance via social life: The direct and indirect effects of health on subjective well-being in chronically ill individuals. Health Economic. 27(1):209-222. https://doi:10.1002/hec.3536.
5. Olsen, JA, Lamu, AN, & Cairns, J (2017). In Search of a Common Currency: A Comparison of Seven EQ-5D-5L Value Sets. Health Economics. 27(1): 39-49. https://doi:10.1002/hec3606.
6. Lamu AN, Chen G, Gamst-Klaussen T, Olsen JA (2017). Do country-specific preference-weights matter in the choice of mapping algorithms? The case of mapping the Diabetes-39 onto eight country-specific EQ-5D-5L value sets. Qual Life Res. 27(7):1801-1814. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-018-1840-5.
7. Gamst-Klaussen T, Lamu AN, Olsen JA, Chen G(2018). Assessment of outcome measures for cost–utility analysis in depression: mapping depression scales onto the EQ-5D-5L. BJPsych Open. 4(4):160-166. https://doi:10.1192/bjo.2018.21.
8. Lamu AN, Olsen JA (2017). Testing alternative regression models to predict utilities: The case of mapping the QLQ-C30 onto the EQ-5D-5L and the SF-6D. Qual Life Res. https://doi:10.1007/s11136-018-1981-6.