A field report from Engelsen's research stay at the French Research Institute Gustave Roussy (Paris, France) in the norwegian journal Forskerforum explains how we aim to engage the immune system in the eradication of cancers. (Article by Kjerstin Gjengedal).
On a quest to cure cancer
'The premature death from cancer of a close friend and colleague, made Agnete Engelsen even more determined to find a way to cure this devastating disease.'
The PhD interview/ cancer research. Article in the UiB Magazine by Jens Helleland Ådnanes.
Great excitement at the Research fair in Bergen
Excited children and adults crowded the Research Fair when researchers at the Center for Cancer Biomarkers (CCBIO) displayed living cancer cells in the microscope and performed a play about the cancer cell Greedy Frieda.
Read more about the research communication in the newspaper Studvest
- 2019. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) is associated with attenuation of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) in breast cancer through reduced expression of SDHC. Cancer & Metabolism.
- 2019. Bortezomib administered prior to temozolomide depletes MGMT, chemosensitizes glioblastoma with unmethylated MGMT promoter and prolongs animal survival. British Journal of Cancer. 545-555.
- 2019. AXL targeting overcomes human lung cancer cell resistance to NK- And CTL-mediated cytotoxicity. Cancer immunology research. 1789-1802.
- 2018. Microenvironment-Induced Non-sporadic Expression of the AXL and cKIT Receptors Are Related to Epithelial Plasticity and Drug Resistance. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology.
- 2018. Cancer Immunotherapy 2017 (Paris, France). Progress and challenges. Bulletin du Cancer. 537-541.
- 2018. A novel SRC-2-dependent regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer cells. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 57-70.
- 2017. Oxygen-dependent regulation of tumor growth and metastasis in human breast cancer xenografts. PLOS ONE. 1-19.
- 2014. U-251 revisited: genetic drift and phenotypic consequences of long-term cultures of glioblastoma cells . Cancer Medicine. 812-824.
- 2014. NK cells with KIR2DS2 immunogenotype have a functional activation advantage to efficiently kill glioblastoma and prolong animal survival. Journal of Immunology. 6192-6206.
- 2011. Targeting the NG2/CSPG4 Proteoglycan Retards Tumour Growth and Angiogenesis in Preclinical Models of GBM and Melanoma. PLOS ONE. 14 pages.
- 2011. Expression of the progenitor marker NG2/CSPG4 predicts poor survival and resistance to ionising radiation in glioblastoma. Acta Neuropathologica. 495-510.
- 2010. Glioma cell populations grouped by different cell type markers drive brain tumor growth. Cancer Research. 4274-4279.
- 2009. Long-term cultures of bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells frequently undergo spontaneous malignant transformation. Cancer Research. 5331-5339.
- 2008. The progenitor cell marker NG2/MPG promotes chemoresistance by activation of integrin-dependent PI3K/Akt signaling. Oncogene. 5182-5194.
- 2008. CD133 negative glioma cells form tumors in nude rats and give rise to CD133 positive cells. International Journal of Cancer. 761-768.
- 2008. A novel eGFP-expressing immunodeficient mouse model to study tumor-host interactions. The FASEB Journal. 3120-3128.
- 2006. Adeno-associated virus (AAV) serotypes 2, 4 and 5 display similar transduction profiles and penetrate solid tumor tissue in models of human glioma. Journal of Gene Medicine. 1131-1140.
- 2010. Spontaneous Malignant Transformation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Reflects Cross-Contamination: Putting the Research Field on Track - Letter. Cancer Research. 6393-6396.
- 2019. The Role of Axl in Cancer and Stem Cell Plasticity: in vivo Lineage Tracing and Imaging Mass Cytometry Analysis.
- 2013. Intratumoural Heterogeneity of Glioblastoma. Implications of Immature Phenotypes on Tumour Growth and Resistance to Treatment.
- 2020. Autophagy mediated danger signaling regulates tumor immunosurveillance and may potentiate the effects of anti-cancer immunotherapy through increased adjuvanticity. 22 pages.
- 2017. The Role of Axl Receptor Tyrosine Kinase in Tumor Cell Plasticity and Therapy Resistance. 28 pages.
- 2010. NG2 PROMOTES RESISTANCE TO IONIZING RADIATION BY ELEVATED PEROXIREDOXIN-1 AND DNA DAMAGE RESPONSE IN GLIOBLASTOMA MULTIFORME. Neuro-Oncology. 8-8.
- 2009. Targeting the tumor stroma: a novel therapeutic strategy based on separate analysis of the malignant and stromal cell compartments in brain tumors. Neuro-Oncology. 221-222.
- 2009. CD133-NEGATIVE GLIOMA SUBPOPULATIONS GROUPED BY DIFFERENT CELL TYPE MARKERS DISPLAY TUMORIGENICITY IN VIVO. Neuro-Oncology. 917-917.
- 2008. CD133-NEGATIVE GLIOMA SUBPOPULATIONS GROUPED BY DIFFERENT CELL TYPE MARKERS DISPLAY TUMORGENICITY IN VIVO. Neuro-Oncology. 778-778.
- 2017. Adaptive mechanisms of resistance to anti-neoplastic agents. 53-66.