- (2021). The evolution of the metazoan Toll receptor family and its expression during protostome development. BMC Ecology and Evolution.
- (2021). Molecular and morphological analysis of the developing nemertean brain indicates convergent evolution of complex brains in Spiralia. BMC Biology.
- (2018). Convergent evolution of bilaterian nerve cords. Nature. 45-50.
- (2017). Clustered brachiopod Hox genes are not expressed collinearly and are associated with lophotrochozoan novelties. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. E1913-E1922.
- (2014). Development and juvenile anatomy of the nemertodermatid Meara stichopi (Bock) Westblad 1949 (Acoelomorpha). Frontiers in Zoology.
- (2013). Mesodermal gene expression in the acoel isodiametra pulchra indicates a low number of mesodermal cell types and the endomesodermal origin of the gonads. PLOS ONE. 15 pages.
- (2009). A Signal Peptide Library Approach as a Novel Tool to Improve Synthesis and Secretion of Recombinant Proteins.