Associate Professor, Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow
- Visitor AddressFosswinckelsgt. 65007 BergenRoom531
- Postal AddressPostboks 78025020 Bergen
- (2022). Developing and Evaluating a University Recommender System. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence.
- (2022). Determinants of consumer acceptance and use of personalized dietary advice: A systematic review. Trends in Food Science & Technology. 277-294.
- (2021). Using natural language processing and artificial intelligence to explore the nutrition and sustainability of recipes and food. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence. 1-8.
- (2021). Promoting Energy-Efficient Behavior by Depicting Social Norms in a Recommender Interface. ACM transactions on interactive intelligent systems. 1-32.
- (2021). Nudging Healthy Choices in Food Search Through Visual Attractiveness. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence. 18 pages.
- (2020). Beyond “one-size-fits-all” platforms: Applying Campbell's paradigm to test personalized energy advice in the Netherlands. Energy Research & Social Science.
- (2022). Using Explanatory Nudges to Support ‘Better’ Decision-Making in Recommender Systems.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2022). Unifying Recommender Systems and Conversational User Interfaces. 7 pages.
- (2022). Nudging Towards Health? Examining the Merits of Nutrition Labels and Personalization in a Recipe Recommender System. 9 pages.
- (2022). Nudging Towards Health in a Conversational Food Recommender System Using Multi-Modal Interactions and Nutrition Labels.
- (2022). Examining Choice Overload across Single-list and Multi-list User Interfaces. 15 pages.
- (2022). Boosting Health? Examining the Role of Nutrition Labels and Preference Elicitation Methods in Food Recommendation. 18 pages.
- (2021). “Serving Each User”: Supporting Different Eating Goals Through a Multi-List Recommender Interface. 9 pages.
- (2021). Voicing Concerns: User-Specific Pitfalls of Favoring Voice over Text in Conversational Recommender Systems. 5 pages.
- (2021). Using Explanations as Energy-Saving Frames: A User-Centric Recommender Study. 9 pages.
- (2021). The Cholesterol Factor: Balancing Accuracy and Health in Recipe Recommendation Through a Nutrient-Specific Metric. 11 pages.
- (2021). Promoting Healthy Food Choices Online: A Case for Multi-List Recommender Systems. 3 pages.
- (2021). Predicting Feature-based Similarity in the News Domain Using Human Judgments. 14 pages.
- (2021). Nudging Healthy Choices in Food Search Through List Re-Ranking. 6 pages.
- (2021). Exploring the effects of natural language justifications on food recommender systems. 11 pages.
- (2021). Conversational Futures: Emancipating Conversational Interactions for Futures Worth Wanting. 13 pages.
- (2021). Changing Salty Food Preferences with Visual and Textual Explanations in a Search Interface. 8 pages.
- (2020). With a little help from my peers: Depicting social norms in a recommender interface to promote energy conservation. 11 pages.
- (2021). Comparing the environmental impacts of recipes from four different recipe databases using Natural Language Processing.
- Beyond "one-size-fits-all" platforms: Applying Campbell's paradigm to test personalized energy advice in the Netherlands. Starke, A.D., Willemsen, M.C. and Snijders, C.C.P. Energy Research and Social Science, 2020. PDF
- With a little help from my peers: Depicting social norms in a recommender interface to promote energy conservation. Starke, A.D., Willemsen, M.C. and Snijders, C.C.P. Proceedings of the 25th International Conference of Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI), 2020. PDF
- Supporting energy-efficient choices using Rasch-based recommender interfaces. Starke, A.D. Dissertation - Eindhoven University of Technology, 2019. PDF
- RecSys Challenges in achieving sustainable eating habits. Starke, A.D. Proceedings of the 4th workshop on Health Recommender Systems, 2019. PDF
- The effectiveness of advice solicitation and social peers in an energy recommender system. Starke, A.D. Proceedings of the 6th Joint Workshop on Interfaces and Human Decision-making, 2019. PDF
- Food for tomorrow: How can we help users to eat more sustainably? We focus on the case of recommender systems and how algorithms and interfaces should be adapted to persuade user choices, but in terms of content and presentation.
- News Recommender Systems: How can we help journalists and consumers to discover news content that is more diverse?