I work at the technical departement at the Geophysical Institute. Work tasks concern field activities, including preparations, cruises and post-cruise work for the oceanography group.
I defended my dissertation on August 11 2017. In my thesis I studied diapycnal mixing processes in the Arctic Ocean, specifically around the Yermak Plateau north of Svalbard. The reduced sea ice cover in the Arctic can allow more wind energy to penetrate into the upper mixed layer. In addition to direct wind mixing, we can expect an increase in near-inertial internal waves, which have the potential to propagate downwards, and lead to an increased vertical heat exchange with the relatively warm Atlantic Water layer.
- 2019. Winter storms accelerate the demise of sea ice in the Atlantic sector of the Arctic Ocean. Scientific Reports. 9: 1-16. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-45574-5
- 2019. The Iceland Greenland seas project. Bulletin of The American Meteorological Society - (BAMS). 100: 1795-1817. doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-18-0217.1
- 2018. Observations of brine plumes below melting Arctic sea ice. Ocean Science. 14: 127-138. doi: 10.5194/os-14-127-2018
- 2017. Sea ice thermohaline dynamics and biogeochemistry in the Arctic Ocean: Empirical and model results. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Biogeosciences. 122: 1632-1654. doi: 10.1002/2016JG003660
- 2017. One-dimensional evolution of the upper water column in the Atlantic sector of the Arctic Ocean in winter. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. 122: 1665-1682. doi: 10.1002/2016JC012431
- 2017. Effects of sea-ice and biogeochemical processes and storms on under-ice water fCO2 during the winter-spring transition in the high Arctic Ocean: Implications for sea-air CO2 fluxes. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. 122: 5566-5587. doi: 10.1002/2016JC012478
- 2017. Mixing rates and vertical heat fluxes north of Svalbard from Arctic winter to spring. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR). 122: 4569-4586. doi: 10.1002/2016JC012441
- 2017. Arktis smeltar frå undersida. Energi og Klima : Norsk klimastiftelses nettmagasin. Published 2017-12-18.
- 2017. Observations of brine plumes below Arctic sea ice. Ocean Science Discussions (OSD). 18 pages. Published 2017-05-08. doi: 10.5194/os-2017-27
- 2017. Turbulent heat and momentum fluxes in the upper ocean under Arctic sea ice. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. 122: 1439-1456. doi: 10.1002/2016JC012283
- 2016. Varmt Atlanterhavsvatn smelter is i Arktis. Naturen. 1: 36-41. doi: 10.18261
- 2015. Tidal forcing, energetics, and mixing near the Yermak Plateau. Ocean Science. 11: 287-304. doi: 10.5194/os-11-287-2015
- 2014. Microstructure measurements from an underwater glider in the turbulent Faroe Bank Channel overflow. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 31: 1128-1150. doi: 10.1175/JTECH-D-13-00221.1
- 2014. Dissipation measurements using temperature microstructure from an underwater glider. Methods in oceanography. 10: 44-69. doi: 10.1016/j.mio.2014.05.002
- 2013. Sjølvstyrt kartlegging. Klima. 6: 18-19.
- 2018. BASIC:-Boundary Layers in the Arctic Atmosphere, Seas and Ice Dynamics - SKD Strategic Project January 2015 – December 2017. NERSC Technical Report. 388. Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center, Bergen.
- 2017. Mixing processes in the changing Arctic Ocean. Universitetet i Bergen. 139 pages.
- 2013. Microstructure measurements using a glider in the Faroe Bank Channel Overflow. Universitetet i Bergen, Norge. 72 pages.