Amani Thomas Mori
Researcher, Senior Researcher in Essential NCD project - Tanzania
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 175009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2023). Whether or not to enroll, and stay enrolled? A Tanzanian cross-sectional study on voluntary health insurance. Health Policy OPEN.
- (2023). Projected health impact of post-discharge malaria chemoprevention among children with severe malarial anaemia in Africa. Nature Communications. 1-10.
- (2023). Healthcare utilization and catastrophic health expenditure in rural Tanzania: does voluntary health insurance matter? BMC Public Health.
- (2023). Estimating the burden of severe malarial anaemia and access to hospital care in East Africa. Nature Communications.
- (2023). Cost of image-guided percutaneous nephrostomy among cervical cancer patients at Muhimbili National Hospital in Tanzania. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation.
- (2022). Post-discharge morbidity and mortality in children admitted with severe anaemia and other health conditions in malaria-endemic settings in Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health. 474-483.
- (2022). Health Technology Assessment in Tanzania: Capacity and experience of HTA committee members. Journal of Global Health Economics and Policy.
- (2022). Economic evaluation of postdischarge malaria chemoprevention in preschool children treated for severe anaemia in Malawi, Kenya, and Uganda: A cost-effectiveness analysis. EClinicalMedicine. 1-13.
- (2022). Domestic funding opportunities for Tanzania as five new Middle-Income countries brace for reduced Gavi support for immunization. Vaccine. 3278-3285.
- (2021). Implementing standard antenatal care interventions: health system cost at primary health facilities in Tanzania. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation. 8 pages.
- (2021). Economic consequences of caesarean section delivery: evidence from a household survey in Tanzania. BMC Health Services Research. 1-11.
- (2021). Do household perceptions influence enrolment decisions into community-based health insurance schemes in Tanzania? BMC Health Services Research. 11 pages.
- (2021). ABC-VEN Analysis of Medicine Expenditure at Mwananyamala Regional Hospital in Tanzania. Modern Economy.
- (2020). Vaccine storage and distribution between expanded program on immunization and medical store department in Tanzania: a cost-minimization analysis. Vaccine. 8130-8145.
- (2020). Prices of medicines for the management of pain, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in private pharmacies and the national health insurance in Tanzania. International Journal for Equity in Health. 1-9.
- (2019). The cost-effectiveness of incentive-based active case finding for tuberculosis (TB) control in the private sector Karachi, Pakistan. BMC Health Services Research.
- (2017). Cost-benefit and extended cost-effectiveness analysis of a comprehensive adolescent pregnancy prevention program in Zambia: study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-10.
- (2016). Equity impact analysis of medical approaches to cardiovascular diseases prevention in Tanzania. Social Science and Medicine. 208-217.
- (2016). Cost-effectiveness of medical primary prevention strategies to reduce absolute risk of cardiovascular disease in Tanzania: A Markov modelling study. BMC Health Services Research.
- (2016). Budget impact analysis of using dihydroartemisinin–piperaquine to treat uncomplicated malaria in children in Tanzania. PharmacoEconomics (Auckland). 303-314.
- (2014). The role of evidence in the decision-making process of selecting essential medicines in developing countries: the case of Tanzania. PLOS ONE. 10 pages.
- (2014). Cost-effectiveness of dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine compared with artemether-lumefantrine for treating uncomplicated malaria in children at a district hospital in Tanzania. Malaria Journal.
- (2013). Role of pharmacoeconomics in developing countries. Farmeconomia. Health economics and therapeutic pathways. 3-5.
- (2013). Reforms: a quest for efficiency or an opportunity for vested interests'? a case study of pharmaceutical policy reforms in Tanzania. BMC Public Health. 6 pages.
- (2012). Priority setting for the implementation of artemisinin-based combination therapy policy in Tanzania: evaluation against the accountability for reasonableness framework. Implementation Science. 8 pages.
- (2019). Farmasøyter med og uten genser: Hvordan farmasiutdanningene i Bergen og Dar es Salaam blir bedre av et nord-sør samarbeid .
- (2021). Epidemiological impact of PMC.
- (2018). Post-discharge risks of morbidity and mortality in children in malaria endemic settings in Africa: A systematic review and meta-analysis - Oral presentation.
- (2018). Post-discharge Malaria Chemoprevention for Children Under the Age of 5 years in Africa.
- (2015). Pharmacoeconomics and Formulary Decision-Making in Tanzania. Generating Evidence for Antimalarial Drugs.
Academic literature review
- (2020). Patient and health system costs of managing pregnancy and birth-related complications in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review. Health Economics Review. 1-15.
- (2018). Economic cost of substandard and falsified human medicines and cosmetics with banned ingredients in Tanzania from 2005 to 2015: A retrospective review of data from the regulatory authority. BMJ Open. 1-7.
- (2012). Pharmacoeconomics and its implication on priority-setting for essential medicines in Tanzania: a systematic review. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. 9 pages.