- Phone+47 55 97 49 80
- Visitor AddressDept. of Clinical Sciences, University of BergenThe Laboratory Building 5th floor, Haukeland University Hospital5021 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
Amit is currently working as a clinical research fellow in clinical immunology and virology at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway. Earlier he completed an MBBS (DMC&H, India); three diplomas in addiction medicine (UBC, Canada), family medicine (RCGP, UK) and football medicine (FIFA, Switzerland); an MPhil in international community health (UiO, Norway); and a GradCert in translational neurotechnology I (NCIL, Canada). His roots are from India, Australia and Canada. He manages a mission clinic in India, where he is responsible for serving the most vulnerable sporting populations and covering their unmet healthcare needs. He is particularly interested in the university pedagogy of immunologists, community and sports physicians.
Medical speciality interests:
- sport and exercise medicine;
- public health medicine;
- clinical immunology;
- travel medicine and infectious diseases.
- allergy, viruses, inflammation and immunology;
- immunodermatology and sports dermatology;
- immunorheumatology and sports-related musculoskeletal injuries;
- atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases;
- brain training, concussion, neuroplasticity and translational neurotechnology;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- universal healthcare (including dental and pharmacare);
- fair play and gender equality;
- skin and cervical cancers;
- R programming in Medicine.
- 2014. Evaluating The Short-term Effects of Home-based Computerized Multi-domain Cognitive Training in Adult Cochlear Implant Users: A Prospective Randomized Intervention Study.