Amit is currently working as a clinical research fellow in clinical immunology and virology at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway. Earlier he completed an MBBS (DMC&H, India); three diplomas in addiction medicine (UBC, Canada), family medicine (RCGP, UK) and football medicine (FIFA, Switzerland); an MPhil in international community health (UiO, Norway); and a GradCert in translational neurotechnology I (NCIL, Canada). His roots are from India, Australia and Canada. He manages a mission clinic in India, where he is responsible for serving the most vulnerable sporting populations and covering their unmet healthcare needs. He is particularly interested in the university pedagogy of immunologists, community and sports physicians.
Medical speciality interests:
- travel medicine and infectious diseases;
- clinical immunology and allergy;
- public health medicine;
- medical ultrasound (radiology);
- sport and exercise medicine.
- allergy, viruses, inflammation and immunology;
- immunodermatology and sports dermatology;
- immunorheumatology and sports-related musculoskeletal injuries;
- atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases;
- brain training, concussion, neuroplasticity and translational neurotechnology;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- universal healthcare (including dental and pharmacare);
- fair play and gender equality;
- skin and cervical cancers;
- R programming in Medicine.
- (2023). Risk assessment and antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2 in healthcare workers. Frontiers in Public Health. 13 pages.
- (2023). Influenza-specific antibody responses after Influenza vaccination in young children and pregnant women in rural Bangladesh.
- (2023). Durable immune responses after BNT162b2 vaccination in home-dwelling old adults. Vaccine: X. 1-11.
- (2022). A rapid antibody screening haemagglutination test for predicting immunity to SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern. Communications Medicine. 11 pages.
- (2021). Safety, Immunogenicity, Efficacy and Effectiveness of Inactivated Influenza Vaccines in Healthy Pregnant Women and Children Under 5 Years: An Evidence-Based Clinical Review. Frontiers in Immunology. 16 pages.
- (2021). Functional and Binding H1N1pdm09-Specific Antibody Responses in Occasionally and Repeatedly Vaccinated Healthcare Workers: A Five-Year Study (2009-2014). Frontiers in Immunology.
- (2021). Attack rates amongst household members of outpatients with confirmed COVID-19 in Bergen, Norway: A case-ascertained study. The Lancet Regional Health - Europe. 9 pages.
- (2020). SARS-CoV-2-specific neutralizing antibody responses in Norwegian healthcare workers after the first wave of COVID-19 pandemic: a prospective cohort study. Journal of Infectious Diseases.
- (2014). Evaluating The Short-term Effects of Home-based Computerized Multi-domain Cognitive Training in Adult Cochlear Implant Users: A Prospective Randomized Intervention Study.