- 2020. Large annual variation in the amount of skipped spawning for female Northeast Arctic haddock Melanogrammus aeglefinus. Fisheries Research. 8 pages.
- 2019. Unclear associations between small pelagic fish and jellyfish in several major marine ecosystems. Scientific Reports. 1-12.
- 2019. Preparing for the future: Integrating spatial ecology into ecosystem-based management. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 467-476.
- 2019. Herding mesopelagic fish by light. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 225-231.
- 2019. Dying from the lesser of three evils: facilitation and non-consumptive effects emerge in a model with multiple predators. Oikos. 1-11.
- 2019. Centennial decline in North Sea water clarity causes strong delay in phytoplankton bloom timing. Global Change Biology. 3946-3953.
- 2018. Caught in broad daylight: Topographic constraints of zooplankton depth distributions. Limnology and Oceanography. 849-859.
- 2017. Coupling survey data with drift model results suggests that local spawning is important for Calanus finmarchicus production in the Barents Sea. Journal of Marine Systems. 69-76.
- 2015. Optimality and rule-based models for larval fish behavior. Vie et milieu (1980). 115-120.
- 2015. Long-term change in a behavioural trait: truncated spawning distribution and demography in Northeast Arctic cod. Global Change Biology. 1521-1530.
- 2015. Effects of temperature and food availability on larval cod survival: A model for behaviour in vertical gradients. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 199-212.
- 2014. Making use of Johan Hjort's "unknown" legacy: Reconstruction of a 150-year coastal time-series on northeast Arctic cod (Gadus morhua) liver data reveals long-term trends in energy allocation patterns. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 2053-2063.
- 2014. Can behavioural ecology unite hypotheses for fish recruitment? ICES Journal of Marine Science. 909-917.
- 2011. Parental migration, climate and thermal exposure of larvae: spawning in southern regions gives Northeast Arctic cod a warm start. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 255-262.
- 2010. Fisheries change spawning ground distribution of northeast Arctic cod. Biology Letters. 261-264.
- 2009. Fisheries change spawning ground distribution of northeast Arctic cod. Biological Letters.
- 2008. The evolution of spawning migrations: State dependence and fishing-induced changes. Ecology. 3436-3448.
- 2008. Relationships between spawning ground identity, latitude and early life thermal exposure in Northeast Arctic cod. Journal of Northwest Atlantic Fishery Science. 13-22.
- 2008. Distribution, identity, and possible processes sustaining meso- and bathypelagic scattering layers on the northern Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Deep-Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography. 45-58.
- 2013. Sognefjorden – en oppsummering av litteratur og kunnskapsstatus om fjordøkologi og vannkraftutbygging. Kunnskapsinnhenting. .
- 2020. Bathymetry Structures Predator-prey Dynamics between Zooplankton and Fish in Marine Pelagic Ecosystems.
- 2019. Pre-programmed or flexible? Lab and field studies don't add up and suggest strong individual influence on spawning time in Atlantic cod.
- 2019. Bathymetry structures predator-prey dynamics between zooplankton and fish in marine pelagic ecosystems.
- 2016. Climate responses of Calanus finmarchicus in a high latitude system.
- 2014. Long-term stability in modelled zooplankton influx could uphold major fish spawning grounds on the Norwegian continental shelf.
- 2014. Long-term change in a behavioural trait: changed spawning locations and truncated demography in Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2014. Fish, jellyfish and Killing the Winner.
- 2013. Effects of temperature and food availability on larval cod survival: a model for behaviour in vertical gradients.
- 2013. Drivers and mechanisms of long-term changes in spawning ground usage of Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2012. The value of an egg. Southern spawning dampens effect of climate on recruitment in Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2012. Changes in migration patterns of Northeast arctic cod. Climate, demography or evolution.
- 2011. The value of an egg – spawning migrations in the Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2010. Spawning migrations in the northeast arctic cod: the shaping role of the industrial trawling fleet.
- 2010. Climate-linked effects on maturation and spawning of Atlantic cod and implications for fisheries.
- 2010. Det industrielle fiskeriets effekter neglisjeres av fiskeriforvaltningen. Et klimaspørsmål? Klassekampen.
Letter to the editor
- 2016. Response: Demography affects spawning location in Northeast Arctic cod, but what affects demography? Global Change Biology. 965-967.
- 2010. Dynamics of spawning migrations in Northeast Arctic cod.
- 2014. Energy allocation patterns associated with reproduction in Northeast Arctic gadoids.