- (2023). Tracking freshwater browning and coastal water darkening from boreal forests to the Arctic Ocean. Limnology and Oceanography Letters. 611-619.
- (2023). Life-history evolution in response to foraging risk, modelled for Northeast Arctic cod (Gadus morhua). Ecological Modelling. 14 pages.
- (2020). Large annual variation in the amount of skipped spawning for female Northeast Arctic haddock Melanogrammus aeglefinus. Fisheries Research. 8 pages.
- (2019). Unclear associations between small pelagic fish and jellyfish in several major marine ecosystems. Scientific Reports. 1-12.
- (2019). Preparing for the future: Integrating spatial ecology into ecosystem-based management. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 467-476.
- (2019). Herding mesopelagic fish by light. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 225-231.
- (2019). Dying from the lesser of three evils: facilitation and non-consumptive effects emerge in a model with multiple predators. Oikos. 1-11.
- (2019). Centennial decline in North Sea water clarity causes strong delay in phytoplankton bloom timing. Global Change Biology. 3946-3953.
- (2018). Caught in broad daylight: Topographic constraints of zooplankton depth distributions. Limnology and Oceanography. 849-859.
- (2017). Coupling survey data with drift model results suggests that local spawning is important for Calanus finmarchicus production in the Barents Sea. Journal of Marine Systems. 69-76.
- (2015). Optimality and rule-based models for larval fish behavior. Vie et milieu (1980). 115-120.
- (2015). Long-term change in a behavioural trait: truncated spawning distribution and demography in Northeast Arctic cod. Global Change Biology. 1521-1530.
- (2015). Effects of temperature and food availability on larval cod survival: A model for behaviour in vertical gradients. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 199-212.
- (2014). Making use of Johan Hjort's "unknown" legacy: Reconstruction of a 150-year coastal time-series on northeast Arctic cod (Gadus morhua) liver data reveals long-term trends in energy allocation patterns. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 2053-2063.
- (2014). Can behavioural ecology unite hypotheses for fish recruitment? ICES Journal of Marine Science. 909-917.
- (2011). Parental migration, climate and thermal exposure of larvae: spawning in southern regions gives Northeast Arctic cod a warm start. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 255-262.
- (2010). Fisheries change spawning ground distribution of northeast Arctic cod. Biology Letters. 261-264.
- (2009). Fisheries change spawning ground distribution of northeast Arctic cod. Biological Letters.
- (2008). The evolution of spawning migrations: State dependence and fishing-induced changes. Ecology. 3436-3448.
- (2008). Relationships between spawning ground identity, latitude and early life thermal exposure in Northeast Arctic cod. Journal of Northwest Atlantic Fishery Science. 13-22.
- (2008). Distribution, identity, and possible processes sustaining meso- and bathypelagic scattering layers on the northern Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Deep-Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography. 45-58.
- (2023). Panel-based Assessment of Ecosystem Condition of the North Sea Shelf Ecosystem - Appendices. 2023 -18. 2023 -18. .
- (2023). Panel-based Assessment of Ecosystem Condition of the North Sea Shelf Ecosystem. 2023 - 17. 2023 - 17. .
- (2013). Sognefjorden – en oppsummering av litteratur og kunnskapsstatus om fjordøkologi og vannkraftutbygging. Kunnskapsinnhenting. .
- (2020). Fisk gyter ved bestemte temperaturer – atferd eller miljø.
- (2020). Could long term shift in cod phenology be linked to terrestrial greening and coastal browning.
- (2020). Bathymetry Structures Predator-prey Dynamics between Zooplankton and Fish in Marine Pelagic Ecosystems.
- (2019). Pre-programmed or flexible? Lab and field studies don't add up and suggest strong individual influence on spawning time in Atlantic cod.
- (2019). Bathymetry structures predator-prey dynamics between zooplankton and fish in marine pelagic ecosystems.
- (2016). Climate responses of Calanus finmarchicus in a high latitude system.
- (2014). Long-term stability in modelled zooplankton influx could uphold major fish spawning grounds on the Norwegian continental shelf.
- (2014). Long-term change in a behavioural trait: changed spawning locations and truncated demography in Northeast Arctic cod.
- (2014). Fish, jellyfish and Killing the Winner.
- (2013). Effects of temperature and food availability on larval cod survival: a model for behaviour in vertical gradients.
- (2013). Drivers and mechanisms of long-term changes in spawning ground usage of Northeast Arctic cod.
- (2012). The value of an egg. Southern spawning dampens effect of climate on recruitment in Northeast Arctic cod.
- (2012). Changes in migration patterns of Northeast arctic cod. Climate, demography or evolution.
- (2011). The value of an egg – spawning migrations in the Northeast Arctic cod.
- (2010). Spawning migrations in the northeast arctic cod: the shaping role of the industrial trawling fleet.
- (2010). Climate-linked effects on maturation and spawning of Atlantic cod and implications for fisheries.
- (2010). Det industrielle fiskeriets effekter neglisjeres av fiskeriforvaltningen. Et klimaspørsmål? Klassekampen.
Letter to the editor
- (2016). Response: Demography affects spawning location in Northeast Arctic cod, but what affects demography? Global Change Biology. 965-967.
- (2010). Dynamics of spawning migrations in Northeast Arctic cod.
- (2014). Energy allocation patterns associated with reproduction in Northeast Arctic gadoids.