- (2022). ‘To be multilingual means … ’: exploring a participatory approach to multilingual identity with schoolchildren. International Journal of Multilingualism.
- (2022). School students' beliefs about the benefits of multilingualism. Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development (JMMD). 1-15.
- (2021). The link between multilingualism, language learning and open-mindedness in secondary school students in Norway . Nordic Journal of Language Teaching and Learning (NJLTL). 1-24.
- (2021). The Ungspråk project: Researching multilingualism and multilingual identity in lower secondary schools. Globe: A Journal of Language, Culture and Communication. 83-98.
- (2021). Fingerprints: towards a multisensoryapproach to meaning in digitalmedia. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy. 132-143.
- (2021). Fingerprints: Towards a multisensory approach to meaning in digital media. Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy. 132-143.
- (2021). Developing and validating a questionnaire on young learners’ multilingualism and multilingual identity . Language Learning Journal.
- (2019). Conceptualizing Multilingualism and the Multilingual Speaker .
- (2016). The Mobility Between Languages and the Fluxes of Globalization: Reviewing Paradidgms, Transcending Paradoxes. Revista da Anpoll.
Storto, A. (2013) “Mas eu não aprendi inglês assim!”: (des) venturas de um gamer em língua estrangeira. Revista Soletras n.26. https://doi.org/10.12957/soletras.2013.7491
Ungspråk project Phase II - Researching multilingualism through data visualisations.
In Phase II of the Ungspråk project, we used data visualizations to raise lower-secondary school students’ awareness of what it means to be multilingual. The visuals were based on the students’ own answers taken from our online questionnaire (Phase I).
- One visualization explores students’ answers to the prompt “Å være flerspråklig betyr…” (“To be multilingual means…”) . It was designed as a multi-level activity to promote discussions on multilingualism based on data generated by the pupils themselves.
- A second set of visuals were created to explore pupils’ answers to the question “Er du flerspråklig?” (“Are you multilingual?”).
- The visuals were used in interactive sessions in one of the participant schools.
- The ethical, epistemological and pedagogical implications of the interactive sessions are discussed in the following article: https://doi.org/10.1080/14790718.2022.2082441
- Link to visuals: https://org.uib.no/multilingual/Betyr/Betyr.html