Andrea Kronstad Felde
- Phone+47 55 58 94 55+47 924 03 421
- Visitor AddressChristies gate 17Room304
- Postal AddressPostboks 78025020 BERGEN
Andrea Kronstad Felde study student movements in authoritarian settings in Sub-Saharan Africa, with a special focus on how the movements balance their dual role; 1) to represent student related issues and struggles on campus, and 2) how they address broader fundamental rights (especially concerning civil liberties and civil society participation).
Her study takes a relational approach to the relationship between student movements in Uganda and Zimbabwe and the authoritarian political contexts in which the movements operate.
Currently she is working on a project which study youth and student mobilization at African universities in context of the Fridays For Future climate movement, and whether they are relevant for the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- 2021. ‘How dare you!’ – anklager og mot-anklager på Facebook knyttet til Greta Thunbergs FN-tale 23. september 2019. Rhetorica Scandinavica. 7-49.
- 2021. Democracy and the Discourse on Relevance Within the Academic Profession at Makerere University. African Minds.
- 2019. Voices from within: The academic profession and the social sciences at Makerere University. 31 pages.