- Visitor AddressKalfarveien 31
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
I am a Medical doctor and PhD Fellow at the Centre for International Health, University of Bergen. My research interests center around the field of global maternal health, and include the role of indicators in maternal health, the quality of institutional childbirth care, maternal death surveillance and response systems and interventions to prevent teenage pregnancy. My main fieldwork experience comes from Burkina Faso and Ethiopia.
Qualitative methods; Global health governance; Global maternal health; Health systems
- 2018. Policy, paperwork and 'postographs': Global indicators and maternity care documentation in rural Burkina Faso. Social Science and Medicine. 215: 28-35. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2018.09.001
- 2018. Towards universal health coverage: including undocumented migrants. BMJ Global Health. 3. doi: 10.1136/bmjgh-2018-001031
- 2017. Towards universal health coverage for undocumented migrants? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 138. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.17.0683
- 2016. Reflections on the unintended consequences of the promotion of institutional pregnancy and birth care in Burkina Faso. PLoS ONE. 11. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0156503
- 2016. 'We saw she was in danger, but couldn't do anything': Missed opportunities and health worker disempowerment during birth care in rural Burkina Faso. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 16:292: 1-11. doi: 10.1186/s12884-016-1089-3
- 2016. Møtet med den papirløse pasient –en etisk analyse. Utposten. 7.
- 2012. Obstetric care in primary health centres in rural Burkina Faso from a health worker perspective. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. 91: 113-113.