- Visitor AddressParkveien 9
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 BERGEN
Andrea Saltelli has worked on physical chemistry, environmental sciences, applied statistics, impact assessment and science for policy. His main disciplinary focus is on sensitivity analysis of model output, a discipline where statistical tools are used to interpret the output from mathematical or computational models, and on sensitivity auditing, an extension of sensitivity analysis to the entire evidence-generating process in a policy context. He publishes a series of pieces on the crisis of science and the post-truth discussion in the online journal The Conversation. At present he is adjoint professor at the Centre for the Study of the Sciences and the Humanities (SVT) - University of Bergen (UIB). He lives and works in Barcelona , and visiting fellow at Open Evidence Research, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), Barcelona.
- 2017. Do PISA data justify PISA-based education policy? International Journal of Comparative Education and Development. 19: 20-34. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCED-12-2016-0023
- 2017. Post-normal institutional identities: Quality assurance, reflexivity and ethos of care. Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 91: 53-61. doi: 10.1016/j.futures.2016.11.009
- 2017. What is science’s crisis really about? Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 91: 5-11. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2017.05.010
- 2017. What is wrong with evidence based policy, and how can it be improved? Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 91: 62-71. doi: 10.1016/j.futures.2016.11.012
- 2017. Problematic Quantifications: a Critical Appraisal of Scenario Making for a Global ‘Sustainable’ Food Production. Food ethics. 1: 173-179. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s41055-017-0020-6
- 2017. Statistics at the time of the crisis [Statistiche al tempo della crisi]. Epidemiologia & Prevenzione. 41: 165-169. doi: 10.19191/EP17.3-4.P165.048
- 2017. Introduction to Sensitivity Analysis. Introduction to Sensitivity Analysis, pages 1103-1122. In:
- 2017. Handbook of Uncertainty Quantification. Springer. 2038 pages. ISBN: 978-3-319-12384-4.
See Andrea Saltelli on ORCID
See Andrea Saltelli on Google Scholar