- Visitor AddressParkveien 9
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 BERGEN
Andrea Saltelli has worked on physical chemistry, environmental sciences, applied statistics, impact assessment and science for policy. His main disciplinary focus is on sensitivity analysis of model output, a discipline where statistical tools are used to interpret the output from mathematical or computational models, and on sensitivity auditing, an extension of sensitivity analysis to the entire evidence-generating process in a policy context. He publishes a series of pieces on the crisis of science and the post-truth discussion in the online journal The Conversation. At present he is adjoint professor at the Centre for the Study of the Sciences and the Humanities (SVT) - University of Bergen (UIB). He lives and works in Barcelona , and visiting fellow at Open Evidence Research, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), Barcelona.
- 2019. Silver as a Constraint for a Large-Scale Development of Solar Photovoltaics? Scenario-Making to the Year 2050 Supported by Expert Engagement and Global Sensitivity Analysis. Frontiers in Energy Research. 7. Published 2019-06-14. doi: 10.3389/fenrg.2019.00056
- 2019. Views from a continent in flux. Nature asked nine leading Europeans to pick their top priority for science at this pivotal point. Love, money, and trust got most votes. Nature. 569: 481-484. doi: 10.1038/d41586-019-01569-w
- 2019. Smettiamola di fingere: quantificare non è un’operazione neutrale (Stop pretending: quantification is never neutral). Epidemiologia & Prevenzione. 43: 121-123. doi: 10.19191/EP19.2-3.P121.046
- 2019. A short comment on statistical versus mathematical modelling. Nature Communications. 10. Published 2019-08-27. doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-11865-8
- 2019. Why so many published sensitivity analyses are false: A systematic review of sensitivity analysis practices. Environmental Modelling & Software. 114: 29-39. doi: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2019.01.012
- 2018. Why science’s crisis should not become a political battling ground. Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 104: 85-90. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2018.07.006
- 2018. Fixing statistics is more than a technical issue. Nature. 553: 281-281. doi: 10.1038/d41586-018-00647-9
- 2018. Cargo-cult statistics and scientific crisis. Significance.
- 2017. Do PISA data justify PISA-based education policy? International Journal of Comparative Education and Development. 19: 20-34. doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCED-12-2016-0023
- 2017. Post-normal institutional identities: Quality assurance, reflexivity and ethos of care. Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 91: 53-61. doi: 10.1016/j.futures.2016.11.009
- 2017. What is science’s crisis really about? Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 91: 5-11. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.futures.2017.05.010
- 2017. What is wrong with evidence based policy, and how can it be improved? Futures : The journal of policy, planning and futures studies. 91: 62-71. doi: 10.1016/j.futures.2016.11.012
- 2017. Problematic Quantifications: a Critical Appraisal of Scenario Making for a Global ‘Sustainable’ Food Production. Food ethics. 1: 173-179. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s41055-017-0020-6
- 2017. Statistics at the time of the crisis [Statistiche al tempo della crisi]. Epidemiologia & Prevenzione. 41: 165-169. doi: 10.19191/EP17.3-4.P165.048
- 2017. Introduction to Sensitivity Analysis. Introduction to Sensitivity Analysis, pages 1103-1122. In:
- 2017. Handbook of Uncertainty Quantification. Springer. 2038 pages. ISBN: 978-3-319-12384-4.
See Andrea Saltelli on ORCID
See Andrea Saltelli on Google Scholar