- Phone+47 55 58 34 06
- Visitor AddressAllégaten 41Realfagbygget5007 BergenRoom3A16b - 3120
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 Bergen
I work on the dynamics of the climate system with a focus on the Atlantic Ocean and Northern Hemisphere ice sheets and a keen interest in paleoclimate. I use, modify and develop numerical models across the entire range of complexity from box models to comprehensive coupled global climate models.
Full list and preprints available here.
- (2023). Sensitivity of isochrones to surface mass balance and dynamics. Journal of Glaciology. 311-323.
- (2022). Sources of uncertainty in Greenland surface mass balance in the 21st century. The Cryosphere. 315-331.
- (2022). Nordic Seas Heat Loss, Atlantic Inflow, and Arctic Sea Ice cover over the last century. Reviews of Geophysics.
- (2021). Sensitivity of the Greenland surface mass and energy balance to uncertainties in key model parameters. The Cryosphere. 2917-2938.
- (2021). Modeling the Greenland englacial stratigraphy. The Cryosphere. 4539-4556.
- (2020). Modeling the Greenland ice sheet. Bjerknessenteret News.
- (2020). GrSMBMIP: intercomparison of the modelled 1980-2012 surface mass balance over the Greenland Ice Sheet. The Cryosphere. 3935-3958.
- (2020). A low climate threshold for south Greenland Ice Sheet demise during the Late Pleistocene. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 190-195.
- (2019). Was common Era glacier expansion in the Arctic Atlantic region triggered by unforced atmospheric cooling? Quaternary Science Reviews. 6 pages.
- (2019). Simulation of the Eemian Greenland ice sheet.
- (2019). Eemian Greenland ice sheet simulated with a higher-order model shows strong sensitivity to surface mass balance forcing. The Cryosphere. 2133-2148.
- (2019). An efficient surface energy-mass balance model for snow and ice. The Cryosphere. 1529-1546.
- (2018). Subpolar North Atlantic sea surface temperature since 6 ka BP: Indications of anomalous ocean-atmosphere interactions at 4-2 ka BP. Quaternary Science Reviews. 128-142.
- (2018). Eemian Greenland SMB strongly sensitive to model choice. Climate of the Past. 1463-1485.
- (2018). Coupled atmosphere-ice-ocean dynamics in Dansgaard-Oeschger events. Quaternary Science Reviews. 1-20.
- (2018). A spatiotemporal reconstruction of sea-surface temperatures in the North Atlantic during Dansgaard-Oeschger events 5-8. Climate of the Past. 901-922.
- (2016). Transport of salt and freshwater in the Atlantic Subpolar Gyre. Ocean Dynamics. 1051-1064.
- (2012). Melting of Northern Greenland during the last interglaciation. The Cryosphere. 1239-1250.
- (2012). Dynamics of decadal variability in the Atlantic subpolar gyre: a stochastically forced oscillator. Climate Dynamics. 461-474.
- (2011). Reversed North Atlantic gyre dynamics in present and glacial climates. Climate Dynamics. 1107-1118.
- (2011). Melting of Northern Greenland during the last inerglacial. The Cryosphere Discussions. 3517-3539.
- (2011). Late Eemian warming in the Nordic Seas as seen in proxy data and climate models. Paleoceanography. 10 pages.
- (2010). Warm Nordic Seas delayed glacial inception in Scandinavia. Climate of the Past. 817-826.
- (2010). The 8.2 ka event: Abrupt transition of the subpolar gyre toward a modern North Atlantic circulation. Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems. 8 pages.
- (2010). Sea ice induced changes in ocean circulation during the Eemian. Climate Dynamics. 1361-1371.
- (2010). Ocean circulation and climate at the Eemian and last glacial inception.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Fields of competence