Associate Professor, Associate Professor in Cognitive Psychology
- Phone+47 55 58 86 71
- Visitor AddressChristies gate 125015 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78075020 Bergen
Cognitive psychologist / neuroscientist with a passion for computational modelling and behavioral research. I’m interested in how we make sense of the world using visual perception as a model. How do we perceive things that have varying features, such as color or orientation, how do we decide which features belong to which object, and what do we do after we make such decisions?
- Chetverikov, A. (2023). Demixing model: A normative explanation for inter-item biases in memory and perception. bioRxiv. https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.03.26.534226
- Chetverikov, A., & Kristjansson, A. (2022). Probabilistic representations as building blocks for higher-level vision. Neurons, Behavior, Data Analysis, and Theory, 1–32. https://doi.org/10.51628/001c.24910
- Hansmann-Roth, S., Kristjánsson, Á., Whitney, D., & Chetverikov, A. (2021). Dissociating implicit and explicit ensemble representations reveals the limits of visual perception and the richness of behavior. Scientific Reports, 11, 3899. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-83358-y
- Rafiei, M., Hansmann-Roth, S., Whitney, D., Kristjánsson, Á., & Chetverikov, A. (2020). Optimizing perception: Attended and ignored stimuli create opposing perceptual biases. Attention, Perception, & Psychophysics, 64, 762. https://doi.org/10.3758/s13414-020-02030-1
- Chetverikov, A., Campana, G., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2020). Probabilistic rejection templates in visual working memory. Cognition, 196, 104075. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2019.104075
- Chetverikov, A., Hansmann-Roth, S., Tanrikulu, Ö. D., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2019). Feature Distribution Learning (FDL): A New Method for Studying Visual Ensembles Perception with Priming of Attention Shifts. In Neuromethods (pp. 1–21). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/7657_2019_20
- Chetverikov, A., Campana, G., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2017). Representing Color Ensembles. Psychological Science, 28(10), 1–8. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797617713787
- Chetverikov, A., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2016). On the joys of perceiving: Affect as feedback for perceptual predictions. Acta Psychologica, 169, 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actpsy.2016.05.005
- Chetverikov, A., Campana, G., & Kristjánsson, Á. (2016). Building ensemble representations: How the shape of preceding distractor distributions affects visual search. Cognition, 153, 196–210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2016.04.018
- Chetverikov, A. (2014). Warmth of familiarity and chill of error: Affective consequences of recognition decisions. Cognition & Emotion, 28(3), 385–415. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699931.2013.833085
Please see the full list at Google Scholar or on my personal webpage.
- (2022). Probabilistic representations as building blocks for higher-level vision. Neurons, Behavior, Data analysis, and Theory.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Fields of competence
Bergen Laboratory for the Study of Decision, Intuition, Consciousness, and Emotion
The group is devoted to research how everyday decisions, judgments, reasoning and behaviour are directed by a complex interplay between conscious and unconscious processes, and are influenced by both intuition and emotions.