- Phone+47 55 58 60 22
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 17
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2021. Lifelong exposure to air pollution and greenness in relation to asthma, rhinitis and lung function in adulthood. Environment International.
- 2020. Sleep time and sleep-related symptoms across two generations – results of the community-based RHINE and RHINESSA studies. Sleep Medicine. 8-13.
- 2020. Sex differences between women and men with COPD: A new analysis of the 3CIA study. Respiratory Medicine. 1-7.
- 2020. Physical activity and lung function-cause or consequence? PLOS ONE. 1-11.
- 2020. Parents’ smoking onset before conception as related to body mass index and fat mass in adult offspring: Findings from the RHINESSA generation study. PLOS ONE. 1-20.
- 2020. One Year Change in 6-Minute Walk Test Outcomes is Associated with COPD Prognosis. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 662-671.
- 2020. Incremental costs of COPD exacerbations in GOLD stage 2+ COPD in ever-smokers of a general population. Respiratory Medicine: X.
- 2020. Incremental costs of COPD exacerbations in GOLD stage 2+ COPD in ever-smokers of a general population. Respiratory Medicine: X. 1-7.
- 2020. Evidence of validity for the Norwegian version of the interprofessional collaborative competency attainment survey (ICCAS). Journal of Interprofessional Care. 1-8.
- 2020. Associations of preconception exposure to air pollution and greenness with offspring asthma and hay fever. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 1-14.
- 2019. Prevalence and prognostic ability of the GOLD 2017 classification compared to the GOLD 2011 classification in a Norwegian COPD cohort. The International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 1639-1655.
- 2019. Pharmacological treatment of asthma in a cohort of adults during a 20-year period: results from the European Community Respiratory Health Survey I, II and III. European Respiratory Journal Open Research (ERJ Open Research). 12 pages.
- 2019. Is atopic sensitization associated with indicators of early vascular ageing in adolescents? PLOS ONE. 1-11.
- 2019. Incident chronic rhinosinusitis is associated with impaired sleep quality: Results of the RhiNE study. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM). 899-905.
- 2019. External Validation and Recalculation of the CODEX Index in COPD Patients. A 3CIAplus Cohort Study. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 8-17.
- 2019. Exogenous female sex steroids may reduce lung ageing after menopause: A 20-year follow-up study of a general population sample (ECRHS). Maturitas. 29-34.
- 2019. Epigenome-wide association of father's smoking with offspring DNA methylation: a hypothesis-generating study. Environmental Epigenetics. 10 pages.
- 2019. Determinants of fractional exhaled nitric oxide in healthy men and women from the European Community Respiratory Health Survey III. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. 969-979.
- 2019. Dampness, mould, onset and remission of adult respiratory symptoms, asthma and rhinitis. European Respiratory Journal.
- 2019. Being overweight in childhood, puberty, or early adulthood: Changing asthma risk in the next generation? Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 1-13.
- 2019. Atopy Modifies the Association Between Inhaled Corticosteroid Use and Lung Function Decline in Patients with Asthma. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice. 1-19.
- 2019. Asthma and selective migration from farming environments in a three-generation cohort study. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). 601-609.
- 2019. Agreement of offspring-reported parental smoking status: the RHINESSA generation study. BMC Public Health. 1-9.
- 2018. Zoonotic helminth exposure and risk of allergic diseases: A study of two generations in Norway. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. 66-77.
- 2018. Residential air pollution does not modify the positive association between physical activity and lung function in current smokers in the ECRHS study. Environment International. 364-372.
- 2018. Periodontal Health status and lung function in two Norwegian cohorts. PLOS ONE. 1-15.
- 2018. Large-scale external validation and comparison of prognostic models: An application to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. BMC Medicine. 1-13.
- 2018. Change in the prevalence asthma, rhinitis and respiratory symptom over a 20 year period: Associations to year of birth, life style and sleep related symptoms. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 1-8.
- 2018. Airway responsiveness to methacholine and incidence of COPD: An international prospective cohort study. Thorax. 825-832.
- 2018. Agreement in reporting of asthma by parents or offspring - the RHINESSA generation study. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 1-10.
- 2018. A three-generation study on the association of tobacco smoking with asthma. International Journal of Epidemiology. 1106-1117.
- 2017. Women with symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing are less likely to be diagnosed and treated for sleep apnea than men. Sleep Medicine. 17-22.
- 2017. Validation of maternal reported pregnancy and birth characteristics against the Medical Birth Registry of Norway. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- 2017. Unemployment in chronic airflow obstruction around the world: Results from the BOLD study. European Respiratory Journal. 1-12.
- 2017. Physical activity and asthma: A longitudinal and multi-country study. Journal of Asthma. 938-945.
- 2017. Multiple Score Comparison: a network meta-analysis approach to comparison and external validation of prognostic scores. BMC Medical Research Methodology.
- 2017. Menopause is associated with accelerated lung function decline. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 1058-1065.
- 2017. Indicators of residential traffic exposure: Modelled NOX, traffic proximity, and self-reported exposure in RHINE III. Atmospheric Environment. 416-425.
- 2017. Clinical markers of asthma and IgE assessed in parents before conception predict asthma and hayfever in the offspring. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. 627-638.
- 2017. Bronchodilator response in FVC is larger and more relevant than in FEV1 in severe airways obstruction. Chest.
- 2017. Absolute values of lung function explain the sex difference in breathlessness in the general population. European Respiratory Journal.
- 2017. A simple algorithm for the identification of clinical COPD phenotypes. European Respiratory Journal. 1-11.
- 2016. Validation of self-reported figural drawing scales against anthropometric measurements in adults. Public Health Nutrition. 1944-1951.
- 2016. The Association of gum bleeding With respiratory Health in a population based study from Northern Europe. PLOS ONE.
- 2016. Self-reported exposure to traffic pollution in relation to daytime sleepiness and habitual snoring: a questionnaire study in seven North-European cities. Sleep Medicine. 93-99.
- 2016. Oxygen desaturation in 6-min walk test is a risk factor for adverse outcomes in COPD patients. European Respiratory Journal. 82-91.
- 2016. Menopause as a predictor of new-onset asthma: A longitudinal Northern European population study. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 50-57.e6.
- 2016. Incidence of utilization- and symptom-defined COPD exacerbations in hospital- and population-recruited patients. The International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 2099-2108.
- 2016. Global lung function initiative 2012 reference equations for spirometry in the Norwegian population. European Respiratory Journal. 1602-1611.
- 2016. Functional gastrointestinal symptoms are associated with higher serum total IgE levels, but less atopic sensitization. Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 189-197.
- 2016. Father’s environment before conception and asthma risk in his children: a multi-generation analysis of the Respiratory Health In Northern Europe study. International Journal of Epidemiology. 235-245.
- 2016. Diffusion capacity and CT measures of emphysema and airway wall thickness – relation to arterial oxygen tension in COPD patients. European Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- 2016. Bronchodilator response in FVC is larger and more relevant than in FEV1 in severe airflow obstruction. Chest. 1088-1098.
- 2016. A clear urban–rural gradient of allergic rhinitis in a population-based study in Northern Europe. European Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- 2015. Seventy years of asthma in Italy: Age, period and cohort effects on incidence and remission of self-reported asthma from 1940 to 2010. PLOS ONE.
- 2015. Respiratory health in cleaners in Northern Europe: Is susceptibility established in early life? PLOS ONE. 13 pages.
- 2015. Mortality prediction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease comparing the GOLD 2007 and 2011 staging systems: A pooled analysis of individual patient data. The Lancet Respiratory Medicine. 443-450.
- 2014. Productivity losses in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a population-based survey. BMJ Open Respiratory Research. 1-8.
- 2014. Predictors of dyspnoea prevalence: Results from the BOLD study. European Respiratory Journal. 1610-1620.
- 2014. Predictors for PaO2 and hypoxemic respiratory failure in COPD-A three-year follow-up. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 531-538.
- 2014. Place of upbringing in early childhood as related to inflammatory bowel diseases in adulthood: A population-based cohort study in Northern Europe. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). 429-437.
- 2014. Longterm follow-up in European respiratory health studies - patterns and implications. BMC Pulmonary Medicine.
- 2014. Folic acid supplementation and interpregnancy interval. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology. 270-274.
- 2013. Mortality by level of emphysema and airway wall thickness. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 602-608.
- 2013. Menstrual Cycle and Respiratory Symptoms in a General Nordic-Baltic Population. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 366-373.
- 2013. Increased prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a general population. Respiratory Medicine. 1037-1045.
- 2013. Comparison of 2011 and 2007 global initiative for chronic obstructive lung disease guidelines for predicting mortality and hospitalization. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 51-59.
- 2012. Different COPD disease characteristics are related to different outcomes in the 6-minute walk test. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 227-234.
- 2012. Association of exposure to environmental tobacco smoke in childhood with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and respiratory symptoms in adults. Respirology (Carlton South. Print). 499-505.
- 2011. Excessive costs of COPD in ever-smokers. A longitudinal community study. Respiratory Medicine. 485-493.
- 2010. alpha(1)-Antitrypsin Protease Inhibitor MZ Heterozygosity Is Associated With Airflow Obstruction in Two Large Cohorts. Chest. 1125-1132.
- 2010. Socioeconomic risk factors for lung function decline in a general population. European Respiratory Journal. 480-487.
- 2010. Gender differences in COPD: are women more susceptible to smoking effects than men? Thorax. 480-485.
- 2010. Case-control studies on risk factors for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: how does the sampling of the cases and controls affect the results? Clinical Respiratory Journal. 89-96.
- 2010. Body composition and plasma levels of inflammatory biomarkers in COPD. European Respiratory Journal. 1027-1033.
- 2009. Present and future costs of COPD in Iceland and Norway: results from the BOLD study. European Respiratory Journal. 850-857.
- 2009. How frequently are physiological variables recorded in the emergency room in patients with obstructive pulmonary diseases and pneumonia? Primary Care Respiratory Journal. 95-99.
- 2009. Case–control studies on risk factors for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: how does the sampling of the cases and controls affect the results? Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- 2009. Aspects of healthcare utilisation in self-reported obstructive lung disease. Clinical Respiratory Journal. 34-41.
- 2008. Repeatability of health economic data in COPD. Respiratory Medicine. 1556-1562.
- 2007. Feasible and simple exclusion criteria for pulmonary reference populations. Thorax. 792-798.
- 2006. Post-bronchodilator spirometry reference values in adults and implications for disease management. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 1316-1325.
- 2005. Mechanisms implicated in the relationship of diet to respiratory disease. Lungeforum. 10-15.
- 2005. Incidence of GOLD-defined chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a general adult population. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 926-932.
- 2005. Implications of reversibility testing on prevalence and risk factors for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a community study. Thorax. 842-847.
- 2017. Repeated desaturation in 6 minute walk test increases risk for mortality in COPD patients.
- 2002. Prevalence and seveity of GOLD defined COPD in adults.
Reader opinion piece
- 2007. Defining the lower limit of normal for FEV1/FVC - From the authors. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 101-102.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2001. Attitudes towards immigration and national identity : a comparative study of Italy and Norway.
Popular scientific article
- 2006. Astma og KOLS i en generell voksen befolkning i Vest-Norge. Fagbladet Allergi i praksis. 24-31.
- 2007. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in western Norway : incidence, prevalence and spirometric reference values based on The Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD).
- 2019. New arenas for interprofessional work training in Western Norway.
- 2018. Associations of fathers and their offsprings weight gain With non-allergic asthma.
- 2005. Strategy for selecting a spirometric reference population.
- 2005. Airflow obstruction is associated with increased health care utilization in self-reported obstructive lung disease.
- 2004. Prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a Western Norwegian community - a comparison of spirometric disease criteria.
- 2004. Prevalence and risk factors of spirometric defined chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a Norwegian community.
- 2002. Incidence of COPD in a Norwegian community.
Academic literature review
- 2018. Asthma and COPD overlap (ACO) is related to a high burden of sleep disturbance and respiratory symptoms: Results from the RHINE and Swedish GA2LEN surveys. 1-10.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2018. Betydningen av å utvikle tverrprofesjonell samarbeidskompetanse: Efaringer fra TVEPS som arena for tverrprofesjonell utdanning . Omsorg: Nordisk tidsskrift for Palliativ Medisin. 20-25.
- 2019. Tverrprofesjonell samarbeidslæring - TVEPS-praksis. 375-383. In:
- 2019. Eldreboken. Fagbokforlaget.