- Phone+47 55 58 32 19+47 901 78 848
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk DÅrstadveien 175020 BergenRoom4th floor, 4D5.1
- Postal AddressPostboks 78075020 BERGEN
Sleep and performance
- 2021. Stability and Change of the Personality Traits Languidity and Flexibility in a Sample of Nurses: A 7–8 Years Follow-Up Study. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
- 2021. Sleep patterns among Norwegian nurses between the first and second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC Nursing. 6 pages.
- 2021. Prevalence of shift work disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2021. Exposure to bullying behaviours, resilience, and return to work self-efficacy in patients with common mental disorders. Industrial Health. 180-192.
- 2021. Changes in work schedule affect the prevalence of shift work disorder among Norwegian nurses–a two year follow-up study. Chronobiology International. 924-932.
- 2021. Associations between exposure to workplace bullying and insomnia. A cross-lagged prospective study of causal directions. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health.
- 2020. Subjective and objective sleep among air ambulance personnel. Chronobiology International. 129-139.
- 2020. Role of nocturnal light intensity on adaptation to three consecutive night shifts: a counterbalanced crossover study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 249-255.
- 2020. Clinical characteristics of patients seeking treatment for common mental disorders presenting with workplace bullying experiences. . Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2020. Blue-enriched white light improves performance but not subjective alertness and circadian adaptation during three consecutive simulated night shifts. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-16.
- 2020. Alerting and Circadian Effects of Short-Wavelength vs. Long-Wavelength Narrow-Bandwidth Light during a Simulated Night Shift. Clocks & Sleep. 502-522.
- 2020. Accumulated long-term exposure to workplace bullying impairs psychological hardiness: A five-year longitudinal study among nurses. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 1-12.
- 2019. Working hour characteristics and schedules among nurses in three Nordic countries – a comparative study using payroll data. BMC Nursing. 1-10.
- 2019. Sleepiness among personnel in the Norwegian Air Ambulance Service. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 1121-1130.
- 2019. Short rest between shifts (quick returns) and night work is associated with work-related accidents. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 829-835.
- 2019. Causes and management of sleepiness among pilots in a Norwegian and an Austrian air ambulance service—a comparative study. Air Medical Journal. 25-29.
- 2018. Workplace inclusion of employees with back pain and mental health problems: A focus group study about employees' experiences . Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 8 pages.
- 2018. Variability in staff perceptions of patient safety culture in Norwegian nursing homes — a longitudinal cross-sectional study. Safety in health. 10 pages.
- 2018. The role of hardiness in the bullying-mental health relationship. Occupational Medicine. 64-66.
- 2018. Protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis of research on the associations between workplace bullying and sleep. Systematic Reviews. 1-7.
- 2018. Predictors of return to work in patients on sick leave with chronic musculoskeletal pain. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. 193-199.
- 2018. Long working hours are inversely related to sick leave in the following 3 months: a 4-year registry study. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 10 pages.
- 2018. God under press. En operasjonalisering av moralsk robusthet i krevende operative Situasjoner. Necesse. 72-82.
- 2017. The effects of sleep deprivation on soccer skills. Perceptual and Motor Skills. 812-829.
- 2017. Sleep detriments associated with quick returns in rotating shift work: a diary study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 522-527.
- 2017. Healthcare staff perceptions of patient safety culture in nursing home settings - a cross-sectional study. Open Journal of Nursing. 1069-1085.
- 2017. Cardiorespiratory fitness is associated with selective attention and inhibitory control in healthy male high-school students. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 1-8.
- 2017. Brief intervention, physical exercise and cognitive behavioural group therapy for patients with chronic low back pain (The CINS trial). European Journal of Pain. 1397-1407.
- 2017. A comparative study of sleep and mood between young elite athletes and age-matched controls. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 465-473.
- 2016. Short rest between shift intervals increases the risk of sick leave: a prospective registry study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 496-501.
- 2016. Return to work in patients with chronic musculoskeletal pain: multidisciplinary intervention versus brief intervention: a randomized clinical trial. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. 82-91.
- 2016. Reduction in sick leave by a workplace educational low back pain intervention: A cluster randomized controlled trial. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 571-579.
- 2016. Multidisciplinary intervention in patients with musculoskeletal pain: a randomized clinical trial. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 1-11.
- 2016. Cortisol, Health, and Coping in Patients with Nonspecific Low Back Pain. Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. 9-16.
- 2016. Cognitive Interventions and Nutritional Supplements (The CINS Trial): A Randomized Controlled, Multicenter Trial Comparing a Brief Intervention with Additional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seal Oil, and Soy Oil for Sick-Listed Low Back Pain Patients. Spine. 1557-1564.
- 2015. Restricted use of electronic media, sleep, performance, and mood in high school athletes - a randomized trial. Sleep Health. 314-321.
- 2015. Odor-related chronic somatic symptoms are associated with self-reported asthma and hay fever; the Hordaland Health Study. Iranian Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. 19-27.
- 2015. Noise exposure and cognitive performance: A study on personnel on board Royal Norwegian Navy vessels. Noise & Health. 320-327.
- 2015. Impact of mindfulness training on physiological measures of stress and objective measures of attention control in a military helicopter unit. The International journal of aviation psychology. 191-208.
- 2015. Diurnal cortisol rhythm: Associated with anxiety and depression, or just an indication of lack of energy? Psychiatry Research. 209-215.
- 2014. The role of stress in absenteeism: Cortisol responsiveness among patients on long-term sick leave. PLOS ONE. 9 pages.
- 2014. How can a brief intervention contribute to coping with back pain? A focus group study about participants' experiences. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 821-826.
- 2013. Subjective health complaints and self-rated health: are expectancies more important than socioeconomic status and workload? International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 411-420.
- 2012. Subjective and objective sleepiness among oil rig workers during three different shift schedules. Sleep Medicine. 64-72.
- 2011. Saliva cortisol levels in construction workers in the Arctic (78°N). International Journal of Circumpolar Health. 542-551.
- 2011. Adaptation and readaptation to different shift work schedules measured with sleep diary and actigraphy. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. 331-344.
- 2010. Diurnal rhythm in British Antarctic personnel. Rural and remote health.
- 2010. Cortisol, reaction time test and health among offshore shift workers. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1339-1347.
- 2009. Subjective health complaints, stress, and coping in orchestra musicians. Medical Problems of Performing Artists. 58-62.
- 2008. The most successful method in teaching nursing students infection control - E-learning or lecture? Nurse Education Today. 798-806.
- 2008. Nursing students' learning of managing cross-infections - Scenario-based simulation training versus study groups. Nurse Education Today. 664-671.
- 2007. Coffee, stress and cortisol in nursing staff. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 322-330.
- 2015. Co-ordination of research on working hours and health in the Nordic countries. .
- 2019. The moderating effect of resilience factors on exposure to bullying behaviours and return to work self-efficacy in patients with common mental disorders.
- 2019. Effects of Different Light Intensities on Adaptation to Simulated Night Shifts: A Randomized Counterbalanced Crossover Study.
- 2018. The moderating effect of resilience factors on exposure to bullying behaviours and return to work self-efficacy in patients with common mental disorders.
- 2014. Patient safety culture in nursing homes - the role of leadership.
- 2020. A longitudinal study on the association between quick returns and occupational accidents. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 645-649.
Popular scientific article
- 2020. Kveldsskift følgd av eit dagskift: Kva konsekvensar har "quick return"-vakter for søvn, helse og sikkerheit? Tidsskriftet SØVN. 27-31.
- 2017. Shift work. The importance of sufficient time for rest between shifts.
- 2016. Staying at Work. The role of expectancies and beliefs in health and workplace interventions.
- 2011. Adaptation and health in extreme and isolated environments – from 78ºN to 75ºS.
- 2019. Handballstjerna håpar ny mensenforsking kan gi svar på kva som gjekk gale.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2019. Mestring av stress. 12 pages.
- 2012. Stress og mestring i et helsefremmende perspektiv. 14 pages.
- 2012. Socioeconomic status, demographic and salivary cortisol. 26 pages.
- 2012. Biological Markers and Salivary Cortisol. 29 pages.
- 2012. Diurnal cortisol rhythm: Associated with anxiety and depression, or just an indication of lack of energy? Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 484-484.
- 2010. THE ROLE OF SALIVA CORTISOL MEASUREMENTS IN HEALTH AND DISEASE - A MATTER OF THEORY AND METHODOLOGY. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 206-206.
- 2010. SHIFT WORK, CORTISOL, REACTION TIME TEST AND HEALTH AMONG OFFSHORE WORKERS. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 88-88.
- 2020. The association between shift work disorder and turnover intention among nurses.
- 2018. Effects of bright light on sleepiness and cognitive performance during simulated night shift work.
- 2016. Improving patient safety culture in Norwegian nursing homes: Validating the NHSOPSC instrument.
- 2012. Cortisol, Subjective Health Complaints and Coping in Patients with Unspecific Low Back Pain.
- 2012. Chronic odor-released somatic symptoms; the cross-sectional Hordaland Health Study.
- 2008. CINS - CBT and seal oil for long-term low back pain patients.
Academic literature review
- 2020. Workplace bullying and sleep - A systematic review and meta-analysis of the research literature. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 12 pages.
- 2016. Systematic review of the relationship between quick returns in rotating shift work and health-related outcomes. Ergonomics. 1-14.
- 2016. Psychometric properties of the Nursing Home Survey on Patient Safety Culture in Norwegian nursing homes. BMC Health Services Research. 11 pages.
- 2015. Sleep, circadian rhythms, and athletic performance. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 1-9.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2017. Kortisol reaktivitet – assosiert med angst og depresjon, eller bare en indikator for pasientens energinivå? Best practice psykiatri /nevrologi.
- 2018. Emosjoner, stres og mestring. 137-169. In:
- 2018. Operativ psykologi- 3.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.
- 2017. Stress, mestring og helse i arbeidslivet. 147-173. In:
- 2017. Organisasjon og ledelse. Gyldendal Akademisk.
- 2016. Stress, mestring og helsefremmende tiltak i organisasjoner. 301-3122. In:
- 2016. Den dyktige medarbeider. Behov og forventninger. 2.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.