- 2019. Physical fitness and psychological hardiness as predictors of parasympathetic control in response to stress: a Norwegian police simulator training study. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology. 1-14.
- 2018. Fatty fish intervention and psychophysiological responses to mental workload in forensic inpatients: A randomized control trial. Journal of Psychophysiology.
- 2018. Age and IQ Explained Working Memory Performance in a RCT with Fatty Fish in a Group of Forensic Inpatients. The Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging. 513-518.
- 2017. The effects of kiwi fruit consumption in students with chronic insomnia symptoms: a randomized controlled trial. Sleep and Biological Rhythms. 159-166.
- 2017. Linking vitamin D status, executive functioning and self-perceived mental health in adolescents through multivariate analysis: A randomized double-blind placebo control trial. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 123-130.
- 2016. Linear and non-linear analyses of Conner's Continuous Performance Test-II discriminate adult patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder from patients with mood and anxiety disorders. BMC Psychiatry. 10 pages.
- 2016. Childhood Maltreatment and Adult Mental Health . Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. 140-145.
- 2015. Psychopathy, anxiety, and resiliency – Psychological hardiness as a mediator of the psychopathy–anxiety relationship in a prison setting. Personality and Individual Differences. 30-34.
- 2015. Motor Activity in Adult Patients with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Psychiatry Investigation. 474-482.
- 2015. Exploratory multivariate analysis of the effect of fatty fish consumption and medicinal use on heart rate and heart rate variability data. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2015. Efficacy of fish intake on Vitamin D status: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 837-847.
- 2015. A long-term fatty fish intervention improved executive function in inpatients with antisocial traits and a history of alcohol and drug abuse. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 467-474.
- 2014. Reduced anxiety in forensic inpatients after a long-term intervention with Atlantic salmon. Nutrients. 5405-5418.
- 2014. Psychopathy and the ability to read the "language of the eyes": Divergence in the psychopathy construct. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 585-592.
- 2014. Music therapy for prisoners: pilot randomised controlled trial and implications for evaluating psychosocial interventions. International journal of offender therapy and comparative criminology. 1520-1539.
- 2014. Fish consumption, sleep, daily functioning, and heart rate variability. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM). 567-575.
- 2014. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder among inmates in Bergen Prison. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 343-349.
- 2013. The relationship between the psychopathy checklist-revised and the MMPI-2. Psychological Reports. 445-457.
- 2013. Subjective sleep quality in relation to inhibition and heart rate variability in patients with panic disorder. Journal of Affective Disorders. 152-155.
- 2013. Relationship between Neuroticism, Threat of shock and Heart Rate Variability Reactivity. International Maritime Health. 54-60.
- 2013. Psychometric properties of the Norwegian version of the childhood trauma questionnaire in high-risk groups. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 286-291.
- 2013. Heart rate variability and fatigue in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome after a comprehensive cognitive behavior group therapy program. Journal of Psychophysiology. 67-75.
- 2012. The relationships among heart rate variability, executive functions, and clinical variables in patients with panic disorder. International Journal of Psychophysiology. 269-275.
- 2012. Heart rate variability and cortisol responses during attentional and working memory tasks in naval cadets. International Maritime Health. 181-187.
- 2012. Assessment of Psychopathy: Inter-correlations between Psychopathy Checklist Revised, Comprehensive Assessment of Psychopathic Personality – Institutional Rating Scale, and Self-Report of Psychopathy Scale–III. International Journal of Forensic Mental Health. 280-288.
- 2011. Vitamin D and Executive Function: a Preliminary Report. Perceptual and Motor Skills. 677-685.
- 2011. The relationship between attachment, personality and antisocial tendencies in a prison sample: A pilot study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 268-276.
- 2010. Fish consumption and heart rate variability : preliminary results. Journal of Psychophysiology. 41-47.
- 2010. An exploratory study of differences in emotional intelligence in U.S. and Norwegian undergraduate students. Psychological Reports. 891-898.
- 2009. Relationship between Heart Rate Variablity and Cognitive Function during threath of shock. Anxiety, Stress, & Coping. 77-89.
- 2008. Psychopathy and Recognition of Facial Expressions of Emotion. Journal of Personality Disorders. 639-644.
- 2007. Facets of psychopathy, heart rate variability and cognitive function. Journal of Personality Disorders. 568-582.
- 2004. Sleep deprivation and hemispheric asymmetry for facial recognition reaction time and accuracy. Perceptual and Motor Skills. 1305-1314.
- 2004. Hjerteratevariabilitet: En lovende tilnærming til studiet av psykologiske prosesser. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 365-372.
- 2004. Heart rate variability and its relation to prefrontal cognitive function: The effects on training and detraining. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 263-272.
- 2003. Vagal influenceon working memoryand attention. International Journal of Psychophysiology. 263-274.
- 2017. Vitamin D-status og effekt av vitamin D-tilskudd på norske skoleungdommer.
- 2017. Mental health in inmates: Research from Bergen prison .
- 2017. Identification of alternative interventions able to improve mental health in inmates and forensic inpatients.
- 2018. Physical fitness and psychological hardiness as predictors of autonomic self-regulation during stress. A Norwegian police simulator training study.
- 2018. Key Nutrients and Mental Health .
- 2018. Fatty fish consumption and mental health.
- 2018. Effects of fatty fish consumption on mental health in forensic inpatients.
- 2017. Psychopathic personality traits as predictors of drug use. A comparison of psychopathy assessment measures.
- 2016. Adult attachment, psychological distress and resiliency in prison inmates. A Norwegian prison study .
- 2015. Barns Skyldevne.
- 2015. A multivariate investigation of the effect of nutrient supplements on Norwegian adolescents.
- 2013. Stability of childhood trauma questionnaire-scores before and after therapy.
- 2013. Childhood trauma, attachment style, psychopathy and underlying biological mechanisms.
- 2013. Childhood Trauma and Post-traumatic stress symptoms among inmates.
- 2013. Can psychopaths read the emotional language of the eyes? - An emotional paradox.
- 2013. An emotional paradox - Psychopathy and the "language of the eyes".
- 2012. Autonomic reactivity, executive functions, and psychopathy.
- 2012. Attachment styles, psychopathy and underlying biological mechanisms.
- 2011. The Minimization Scale in Childhood Trauma Questionnaire (CTQ): Additional Information or Unnecessary Addition?
- 2011. Psychological Correlates of Family and Peer Rejection in the Context of Trauma.
- 2011. Childhood Trauma and Symptoms Correlates among Exposed Adolescents and Young Adults.
- 2011. Childhood Trauma and Correlates: Findings from Screening in Exposed Groups.
- 2011. Childhood Trauma and Correlates with Adult Attachment Style among Inmates in Bergen Prison.
- 2010. Executive functions in CFS/ME patients .
- 2009. Nutrition and underlying mechanism in self-regulation.
- 2006. The Four-Facet model of Psychopathy and Processing of Facial Emotional Expressions.
- 2006. Pågående forskning i Bergen Fengsel.
- 2005. Relationships between the four facets of PCL-R, heart rate variability and cognitive function.
- 2005. Heart rate variability as an index of prefrontal neural function in military settings.
- 2005. Heart rate variability and cognitive function in psychopathic prisoners.
- 2003. Psychopathy, executive function and heart rate variability.
- 2002. Vagal influence on working memory and sustained attention during threat.
- 2002. The influence of physical fitness on heart rate variability and basic cognitive functions.
- 2002. Effekten av fysisk aktivitet på hjerterate variabilitet og kognitive funksjoner.
- 2002. Autonomic regulation of attention.
- 2001. Vagal influence on working memory and sustained attention during threat.
- 2001. Vagal influence on cognitive functions during threat.
- 2001. Physical exercise, cardiac vagal tone and executive functions.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2006. Seksualforbrytere; En studie av tilknytning og personlighet.
- 2006. Prison Inmates: Anxiety, Depression, Coping and Psychopathy.
Popular scientific article
- 2003. Grunnleggende prosesser i situasjonsbevissthet: norsk militær forskning. Norsk Militært Tidsskrift. 22-25.
- 2003. Betydningen av felles mentale modeller for beslutningstaking i operative team. Norsk Militært Tidsskrift.
- 2002. Risiko og sikkerhet under internasjonal tjeneste i Kosovo. Norsk Militært Tidsskrift. 8-10.
- 2003. The influence of heart rate variability in the regulation of attentional and memory processes.
- 2006. Fisk styrer sinnet.
- 2005. Fisk mot impulsbrekk og vold.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2019. «Mindboost». 14 pages.
- 2010. The Non-invasive Assessment of Autonomic Influences on the Heart Using Impedance Cardiography and Heart Rate Variability. 18 pages.
- 2008. Non-invasive assessment of autonomic influences on the heart: Impedance cardiography and heart rate variability.
- 2005. Hukommelse. 16 pages.
- 2012. FISH CONSUMPTION AND UNDERLYING MECHANISMS IN SELF-REGULATION. Psychophysiology. S121-S121.
- 2016. A Long-Term Fatty Fish Intervention Improved Executive Function in Inpatients With Antisocial Traits and a History of Substance Abuse.
- 2012. The relationships among heart rate variability, executive functions, and clinical variables in patients with panic disorder.
- 2011. Risk Factors for Criminal Behavior - Preliminary results.
- 2011. Psychopathy assessment and its relation to autonomic reactivity.
- 2009. Attachment styles and personality as risk factors in antisocial tendencies.
- 2007. Nutrition and heart rate variability - implication for cognition and mental health.
- 2006. Individual differences in the relationship between cortisol and cognitive function: Effects of resting heart rate variability.
- 2004. Scores on the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised predicts cognitive function and heart rate variability.
- 2002. Heart rate variability is inversely related to cortisol reactivity during cognitive stress.
- 2002. Heart rate variability is inversely related to cortisol reactivity during cognitive stress.
- 2001. Reliability of the Chronic Mild Stress Paradigm: Implications for the Research and Animal Welfare.
- 2001. Hemispheric asymmetry for visual short term memory during sleep deprivation.
- 2019. Vurdering av risiko for æresrelatert vold (PATRIARK).
Academic literature review
- 2018. Impulse-control disorders in Parkinson's Disease: A meta-analysis and review of case-control studies. 1-15.
- 2009. Heart rate variability, prefrontal neural function, and cognitive performance: the neurovisceral integration perspective on self-regulation, adaptation, and health. 141-153.
- 2019. Kosthold som risikofaktor - Mental helse . 130-133. In:
- 2019. Samfunnsernæring. Universitetsforlaget.
- 2018. Eksekutive funksjoner . . In:
- 2018. Operativ psykologi- 3.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.
- 2016. Fish consumption and heart rate variability. 231-238. In:
- 2016. Fish and fish Oil in Health and Disease Prevention. Elsevier.