Anna Marlene Karlsson
- Phone+47 55 58 80 29+47 966 69 004
- Visitor AddressØysteinsgate 3
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 Bergen
My PhD project aims to analyse cultural heritage policy, and the concept of cultural heritage in Norway. As the concept of cultural heritage has been used more and more frequently - both politically and in the society at large – the concept’s extent and definition has changed and today includes a huge variety of objects, buildings and practises. Politically, heritage has gone from being something that only needs to be preserved, to become something that can be used as a resource in society, which is also reflected in how the concept is used in policy documents.
The project wants to analyse the changing values, functions and definitions in cultural heritage policy over time, to highlight how theses changes correlates to changes in society, and the problematic aspects about the expanding use of the concept of cultural heritage as re-labelling older practises, institutions and objects.
By focusing on the concept of cultural heritage, it is also possible to investigate changes that affect how we use the past to create the present, and to visualise the future. This is an essential part of the cultural heritage policy, since visions of what future we wish for, determines what we chose to keep and value, which then creates the prerequisites for said future.
- 2019. Kulturarvspolitik. Kulturarv som samhällsresurs i svensk politik. Nordisk kulturpolitisk tidsskrift. 134-153.
- 2018. Kulturarvspolitik. En analys av kulturarvsbegreppet i den svenska regeringens kulturarvsproposition 2017.
- 2018. "Nostalgi över tid: en kort begreppshistoria". Molo idehistorisk studenttidsskrift.
- 2017. "Den öde ön som plats i Ida Hegazi Høyers Fortellingen om øde". 19 pages.
- 2016. "Is the past a foreign country? A question about time". Fortid. 52-58.
- 2015. Första världskriget i svensk skönlitteratur. Krigsberättelser i en neutral nation 1944-2014.