Anna Marlene Karlsson
- Phone+47 55 58 80 29+47 966 69 004
- Visitor AddressØysteins gate 3
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 Bergen
My PhD project analyses cultural heritage policies in Norway. Politically, heritage has gone from being something that only needs to be preserved, to become something that can be used as a resource in society. What uses are cultural heritage visualised to have in society today? The project focuses on two aspects; firstly the creation of societal values by uses of heritage, and secondly heritage as and for sustainability. The aim of the project is to show how the functions of cultural heritage changes when society faces new challenges, and how it is legitimised in new and different ways.
- 2021. Cultural Heritage and the Future. International Journal of Heritage Studies (IJHS).
- 2020. Intergenerational Ethics of Heritage: Sustainability and Future Generations.
- 2019. Kulturarvspolitik. Kulturarv som samhällsresurs i svensk politik. Nordisk kulturpolitisk tidsskrift. 134-153.
- 2017. "Den öde ön som plats i Ida Hegazi Høyers Fortellingen om øde". 19 pages.
- 2016. "Is the past a foreign country? A question about time". Fortid. 52-58.