I am working as a researcher in Professor Stephanie Le Hellards lab, which focuses on the epigenetics of mental disorders. We are part of the Dr. Einar Martens Research Group for Biological Psychiatry and the Norwegian Center for Mental Disorders Research (NORMENT).
We are working on several project where we study the interaction between the environment and genetic background, and how this affect variations in gene regulation and expression.
Current projects include epigenetic effects of
- Cannabis usage
- Anti-psychotic drugs
- Childhood trauma
An underestimated factor in most studies is sex. Several disorders display sex imbalances, which can be observed as differences in disease prevalence, onset or outcome. Sex differences are driven by the sex chromosomes and sex specific environment (incl. hormones). Understanding how sex differences impact the genetic architecture of complex disorders is something we are particularly interested in.
- (2021). Mental health symptoms during the first months of the COVID-19 outbreak in Norway: A cross-sectional survey study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 1-8.
- (2020). Epigenetic Effects of THC and CBD in Neuronal Stem Cells.
- (2020). Cannabis Use Is Associated With Increased Levels of Soluble gp130 in Schizophrenia but Not in Bipolar Disorder. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 1-10.
- (2018). Gene expression response in peripheral blood cells of petroleum workers exposed to sub-ppm benzene levels. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 1-18.
- (2017). SBMLmod: a Python-based web application and web service for efficient data integration and model simulation. BMC Bioinformatics. 1-8.
- (2016). Tissue specific models of Tryptohan-metabolism — insights into metabolic crosstalk.
- (2016). Tissue specific models of Trp- and NAD-metabolism — insights into metabolic crosstalk.
- (2015). Dynamics of NAD-metabolism - everything but constant.
- (2014). Predicting pathological metabolic changes using a kinetic model of tryptophan metabolism.
- (2014). NAD-metabolism and the circadian clock -- Unraveling contradictions.
- (2014). Interactively illustrating polymerization using three-level model fusion. BMC Bioinformatics.
- (2014). Illustrative visualization of molecular reactions using omniscient intelligence and passive agents. Computer Graphics Forum. 141-150.
- (2014). A kinetic model of tryptofan metabolism - Developments towards accurate and scalable kinetic models.
- (2013). NAD-metabolism and the circadian clock.
- (2013). Model of tryptophan metabolism, readily scalable using tissue-specific gene expression data. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 34555-34566.
- (2013). Effect of substrate competition in kinetic models of metabolic networks. FEBS Letters. 2818-2824.
- (2012). Mycobacterium tuberculosis Mcel protein complex initiates rapid induction of transcription of genes involved in substrate trafficking. Genes and Immunity. 496-502.
- (2011). Modulation of transcriptional and inflammatory responses in murine macrophages by the mycobacterium tuberculosis mammalian cell entry (Mce) 1 complex. PLOS ONE. 11 pages.
- (2011). Hepatic in vitro toxicity assessment of PBDE congeners BDE47, BDE153 and BDE154 in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Aquatic Toxicology. 246-263.
- (2010). Switch from stress response to homeobox transcription factors in adipose tissue after profound fat loss. PLOS ONE. 12 pages.
- (2010). From stress response to developmental processes in abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue after bariatric surgery. Endocrine journal. S429-S429.
- (2010). From stress response to developmental processes in abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue after bariatric surgery.
- (2009). Genome-wide transcription analysis of histidine-related cataract in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L). Molecular Vision. 1332-1350.
- (2009). Genome-wide transcription analysis of histidine-related cataract in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L).
- (2008). Pharmacokinetics and transcriptional effects of the anti-salmon lice drug emamectin benzoate in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). BMC Pharmacology. 14 pages.
- (2007). Zebrafish as a genetic model for the nutritional impact on growth in fish.
- (2007). The influence of the NOD Nss1/Idd5 loci on sialadenitis and gene expression in salivary glands of congenic mice. Arthritis Research & Therapy. 1-15.
- (2007). Synaptic activity-induced global gene expression patterns in the dentate gyrus of adult behaving rats: Induction of immunity-linked genes. Neuroscience. 925-936.
- (2007). Gene-expression profiling in gill and liver of zebrafish exposed to produced water. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry. 195-210.
- (2006). Dynamics of global macrophage expression responses to in vitro infection with wild-type and a hypervirulent mce1-mutant of M. tuberculosis.