- 2012. Hvordan lede sorggrupper? En håndbok for sorggruppeveiledere. Abstrakt forlag.
- 2020. Information to Bereaved Families Following Catastrophic Losses. Why Is It Important? Journal of loss & trauma. 1-16.
- 2019. Positive growth following trauma – clinical perspectives. Bereavement Care. 109-113.
- 2019. Parental relationships following the loss of a child. Journal of loss & trauma. 1-22.
- 2019. Learning from a decade of terror in European cities: Immediate, intermediate, and long-term follow-up. Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2019. It’s been a life-changing experience!” A qualitative study of young adult cancer survivors’ experiences of the coexistence of negative and positive outcomes after cancer treatment. . Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 577-584.
- 2019. Gammel kunnskap og ny viten: perspektiver på krisepsykologi. Pædagogisk Psykologisk Tidsskrift. 88-97.
- 2018. Improving social network support for partners facing spousal cancer while caring for minors: Four‐month outcomes of a single‐centre randomised controlled trial. European Journal of Cancer Care. 1-11.
- 2018. Early intervention for bereaved children: What mental health professionals think. Death Studies. 9 pages.
- 2018. Early Parental Loss and Intimate Relationships in Adulthood: A Nationwide Study. Developmental Psychology. 12 pages.
- 2018. Does losing a parent early influence the education you obtain? A nationwide cohort study in Denmark. Journal of public health. 9 pages.
- 2018. Depressive symptoms and mental health-related quality of life in adolescence and young adulthood after early parental death. . Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 782-791.
- 2018. Can visiting the site of death be beneficial for bereaved families after terror? A qualitative study of parents’ and siblings’ experiences of visiting Utøya Island after the 2011 Norway terror attack. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. 8 pages.
- 2018. A relational perspective on social support between bereaved and their networks after terror: A qualitative study. . Global Qualitative Nursing Research. 1-12.
- 2017. What distinguishes prolonged grief disorder from depression? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 538-539.
- 2017. Optimizing visits to the site of death for bereaved families after disasters and terror events. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness. 523-527.
- 2017. Encountering the body at the site of the suicide: a population-based survey in Sweden. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour. 38-47.
- 2017. Early Interventions Following the Death of a Parent: Protocol of a Mixed Methods Systematic Review. JMIR Research Protocols.
- 2017. Anxiety and the Quality of Life of Children Living With Parental Cancer. Cancer Nursing. 19-27.
- 2016. Systematic early intervention for bereaved: study protocol of a pilot randomized controlled trial with families who suddenly lose a partner and a parent. JMIR Research Protocols.
- 2016. Sixteen-year follow-up of childhood avalanche survivors. European Journal of Psychotraumatology.
- 2016. Risk of use of antidepressants among children and young adults exposed to the death of a parent. Epidemiology. 578-585.
- 2016. Media exposure and prolonged grief: A study of bereaved parents and siblings after the 2011 utøya island terror attack. Psychological Trauma. 661-667.
- 2016. Maladaptive coping in adults who have experienced early parental loss and grief counseling. Journal of Health Psychology.
- 2016. In what ways do bereaved parents after terror go on with their lives, and what seems to inhibit or promote adaptation during their grieving process? A qualitative study. Omega - Journal of Death and Dying. 374-399.
- 2016. Facing spousal cancer during child-rearing years: The short-term effects of the Cancer-PEPSONE programme—a single-center randomized controlled trial. Psycho-Oncology. 1541-1547.
- 2016. Etterlattes opplevelser av medienes rapportering etter Utøya-terroren. Norsk Medietidsskrift. 3-15.
- 2016. Death scene investigation: parents’ experiences. Scandinavian Journal of Forensic Science (Online). 57-63.
- 2016. Because I’m also part of the family. Children’s participation in rituals after the loss of a parent or sibling. A qualitative study from the children’s perspective. Omega - Journal of Death and Dying. 141-158.
- 2016. Barn som mister foreldre. Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2015. «Det er både helt grusomt og godt på samme tid». Etterlatte foreldre og søskens opplevelse av besøk til Utøya etter terrorangrepet 22.07.11. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 487-496.
- 2015. Traumatic bereavement and terror: The psychosocial impact on parents and siblings 1.5 years after the July 2011 terror-killings in Norway. Journal of loss & trauma. 556-576.
- 2015. Therapeutic weekend gatherings for bereaved parents. Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2015. The psycho-social follow-up after the terror of July 22nd 2011 as experienced by the bereaved. Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2015. Teachers' perception of bereaved children's academic performance. Advances in School Mental Health Promotion. 187-198.
- 2015. Suicide-bereaved siblings’ perception of health services. Death Studies.
- 2015. Suicide-Bereaved Siblings’ Perception of Health Services. Death Studies. 323-331.
- 2015. Psychosocial functioning after losing a close friend in an extreme terror incident. Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2015. Parents’ perception of their relationship following the loss of a child. Omega - Journal of Death and Dying.
- 2015. Optimizing Social Network Support to Families Living With Parental Cancer: Research Protocol for the Cancer-PEPSONE Study. JMIR Research Protocols.
- 2015. Lack of trust in the health-care system after losing a child to suicide: A nationwide population survey. Crisis.
- 2014. Suggestions for the ideal follow-up for bereaved students as seen by school personnel. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties.
- 2014. Hvordan fungerte den psykososiale oppfølgingen for etterlatte etter 22. juli-terroren? Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2014. Hvordan fungerte den psyko-sosiale oppfølgingen for etterlatte etter 22. juli terroren? Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2013. Teachers’ perception of their role facing children in grief. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties.
- 2013. Teachers' perceptions of their role facing children in grief. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. 125-134.
- 2013. Enhancing autobiographical memory specificity through cognitive training: An intervention for depression translated from basic science. Clinical Psychological Science.
- 2013. Early parental death and risk for affective disorder in adulthood. Epidemiology.
- 2013. Complicated grief in children – the perspectives of experienced professionals. Omega - Journal of Death and Dying.
- 2012. Structure of the Children's Revised Impact of Event Scale (CRIES) with Children and Adolescents Exposed to Debris Flood. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. Short-term effects of a writing intervention among adolescents in Gaza. Journal of loss & trauma. 403-422.
- 2012. Risk factors for PTSD, anxiety, and depression among adolescents in Gaza. Journal of Traumatic Stress. 164-170.
- 2012. Efficacy of Writing for Recovery on Traumatic Grief Symptoms of Afghan Refugee Bereaved Adolescents. Omega - Journal of Death and Dying.
- 2012. Early interventions following exposure to traumatic events– implications for practice from recent research. Journal of loss & trauma.
- 2012. Bullying and PTSD symptoms. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. 901-911.
- 2011. Sexuality following the loss of a child. Death Studies.
- 2011. Omfang og organisering av sorggrupper i Norge. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 1178-1183.
- 2009. Long-term collective assistance for bereaved following disaster: A Scandinavian approach. Counselling and Psychotherapy Research.
- 2009. Ekstremvær i Norge - reaksjoner og oppfølging etter et jordskred. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 738-745.
- 2007. Psychological debriefing in cross–cultural contexts: Ten implications for practice. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health.
- 2005. The Göteborg discotheque fire – posttraumatic stress, and school adjustment as reported by the primary victims 18 months later. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry and Allied Disciplines.
- 2005. Norwegian adolescents’ reactions to distant warfare. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy.
- 2004. Educational consequences of loss and trauma. Educational & Child Psychology.
- 2003. The Göteborg discothèque fire 1998. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- 2003. A maritime disaster: Reactions and follow–up. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health.
- 2002. Is the culture always right? Traumatology.
- 2002. Children exposed to warfare. A longitudinal study. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
- 2001. Reactions to adolescent suicide and crisis intervention in three secondary schools. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health.
- 2001. Early intervention–a family perspective. Advances in Mind-Body Medicine.
- 2001. Adolescent suicide and suicide contagion in three secondary schools. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health.
- 2000. Trauma exposure and psychological reactions to genocide among Rwandan children. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
- 2000. Mental mobilization in critical incident stress situations. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health.
- 1999. Sudden death of a classmate and friend. Adolescent’s perception of support from their school. School Psychology International.
- 1999. Reactions following the sudden death of a classmate. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- 1999. Long–term impact of sudden infant death: A twelve to fifteen year follow–up. Death Studies.
- 1999. Helpful and hurtful aspects of psychological debriefing groups. International Journal of Emergency Mental Health.
- 1998. Psychological debriefing–An effective method? Traumatology.
- 1997. The process in critical incident stress debriefings. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
- 1996. Voluntary and professional disaster–workers. Similarities and differences in reactions. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
- 1996. Factor analysis of the impact of event scale with children in war. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- 1994. Gender differences in adolescent's reactions to the murder of their teacher. Journal of Adolescent Research.
- 1994. Children in war: a silent majority under stress. British Journal of Medical Psychology.
- 1992. Work with traumatized children – psychological effects and coping strategies. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
- 1992. Fear of flying in civil aviation personnel. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine.
- 1992. Empirical validation of the Bergen Burnout Indicator. International Journal of Psychology.
- 1991. Parental grief following the death of an infant. A follow-up over one year. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 193-207.
- 1990. Parental reactions to the loss of an infant child: A review. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology.
- 1989. Caring for helpers in disaster situations: Psychological debriefing. Disaster Management & Response.
- 1987. Stillbirth, neonatal death and Sudden Infant Death (SIDS): parental reactions. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 104-114.
- 1987. Similarities and differences in mens' and womens' grief following the death of an infant. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 1-25.
- 1987. Anxiety and vulnerability in parents following the death of an infant. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 16-25.
- 1991. Sorg hos barn. Syskons behov - en vägledning för föräldrar som mist ett barn. .
- 2016. Anxiety and quality of life of children living with parental cancer.
- 2018. Children and natural disaster. European Journal of Psychotraumatology.
- 2015. Thought field therapy – not something that the cat dragged in? Scandinavian Psychologist.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- 2008. Krisepsykologi i praksis. Fagbokforlaget.
- 2018. Mestring af sorg. Dansk Psykologisk Forlag.
- 2016. Public relief efforts from an international perspective. In L. C. Wilson (Ed.). The Wiley handbook of the psychology of mass shootings. Chichester: John Wiley & sons, Inc. Wiley-Blackwell.
- 2010. Barn og traumer. Fagbokforlaget.
Popular scientific article
- 2019. At miste en forælder i barndommen har konsekvenser resten af livet. Børns Hverdag. 4-6.
- 2018. Dødsfall i nær familie – hvordan skolen kan ivareta eleven. Bedre Skole. 14-19.
- 2016. Weekend gatherings for bereaved family members after the terror killings in Norway in 2011. Bereavement Care.
- 2019. Barns må bli tatt på alvor. Dagbladet.
- 2017. Mot bedre viten om barns beste. www.nrk.no/ytring.
- 2017. Faglig undrer vi oss over at beboerne rundt Utøya ikke skal kunne leve med et minnesmerke. VG : Verdens gang.
- 2016. 22. juli tretthet. Dagbladet.
- 2015. Tiden leger ikke alle sår. Bergens Tidende.
- 2010. Hjelp til barn som er mobbet. VG : Verdens gang.
- 1989. Parental reactions to the death of an infant child.
- 2016. 59 ulike intervjuer i 2016 med media fra inn og utland, inkludert fjernsyn, radio, aviser og nettsteder.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2019. Tiltak for etterlatte. 14 pages.
- 2019. Mestring av sorg. 16 pages.
- 2019. Helsemessige konsekvenser for etterlatte etter terror. 12 pages.
- 2017. School-based interventions. 18 pages.
- 2016. Bullying and PTSD symptoms in children and adolescents. 12 pages.
- 2019. Anxiety and quality of life of children living with parental cancer.
- 2018. Anxiety and the quality of life of children living with parental cancer.
- 2010. School Bullying and PTSD Symptoms in a National Representative Sample.
Popular scientific book
- 2018. What is terrorism? A book to help parents, teachers and other grown-ups talk with kids about terror. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- 2017. Mestring av sorg. Vigmostad & Bjørke.
- 2017. Jeg vil gerne tale om min sorg. Akademisk Forlag.
Academic literature review
- 2019. The price of loss – a literature review of the psychosocial and health consequences of childhood bereavement. 13-22.
- 2018. Sorgens pris: En litteraturgennemgang af konsekvenserne ved at miste en forælder i barndommen. 27-54.
- 2018. Communicating with children and adolescents about the risk of natural disasters. 10 pages.
- 2017. Young Road Fatalities: Consequences for life quality and the role of transport authorities. 69-91.
- 2015. Grief and traumatic grief in children in the context of mass trauma. 8 pages.
- 2013. Reflections on the special issue.
Website (informational material)
- 2017. Reaksjoner etter jordskjelv.
- 2017. How can we talk to children about terror events?
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2018. Hva gikk galt? En mors beretning om barrierer for hjelp etter traumer og tap. Psykologisk.no – Scandinavian Psychologist.
- 2015. Children, Trauma and Grief; School Support in Scandinavia. Trauma Psychology News.
- 2017. Sorg som akut krise. 47-64. In:
- 2017. Jeg vil gerne tale om min sorg. Akademisk Forlag.
- 2012. Complicated grief in children. 68-81. In:
- 2012. Complicated Grief: Scientific Foundations for Health Care Professionals. Routledge.