Laboratory Animal Science
- 2019. Response to the article “Mapping the Teaching of Laboratory Animal Science and Medicine in the European Union and European Free Trade Area”. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 46.
- 2019. Examining compliance with ethical standards for animal research: is there a need for refinement? A qualitative study from northern Europe. Laboratory Animals. Journal of the Laboratory Animal Science Association. 1-9. doi: 10.1177/0023677219841080
- 2016. Current concepts of harm-benefit analysis of animal experiments - Report from the AALAS-FELASA working group on harm-benefit analysis - Part 1. Laboratory Animals. Journal of the Laboratory Animal Science Association. 50: 1-20. doi: 10.1177/0023677216642398
- 2016. Recommendations for addressing harm-benefit analysis and implementation in ethical evaluation - Report from the AALAS?FELASA working group on harm-benefit analysis - Part 2. Laboratory Animals. Journal of the Laboratory Animal Science Association. 50: 21-42. doi: 10.1177/0023677216642397
- 2011. The role of organizational culture in compliance with the principles of the 3Rs. Lab animal. 40: 22-26. doi: 10.1038/laban0111-22
- 2007. Airway inflammation and bronchial remodelling in toluene diisocyanate-exposed BALB/c mouse model. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 65: 118-125. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3083.2006.01882.x
- 2004. Effects of the taxanes paclitaxel and docetaxel on edema formation and interstitial fluid pressure. American Journal of Physiology. Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 287.
- 2004. Effect of the cytoskeletal fixation agent phalloidin on transcapillary albumin transport and interstitial fluid pressure following subdermal prostaglandin E-1 administration in the rat. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica. 180: 125-132.
- 2004. Problems in physiological experimental animal models investigated with factorial design. Journal of Experimental Animal Science. 43: 1-12.
- 2004. Continuous measurements of plasma protein extravasation with microdialysis after various inflammatory challenges in rat and mouse skin. American Journal of Physiology. Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 286: H108-H112.
- 2004. Interstitial fluid pressure and transcapillary fluid and solute flux in acute inflammation: Modulation by cytoskeletal fixation.
- 2011. Imaging techniques. 12, pages 287-312. In:
- 2011. The COST Manual of Laboratory Animal Care and Use: Refinement, Reduction, and Research. CRC Press. 421 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4398-2492-4.
- 2011. Ethical evaluation of procedures for experiments involving animals. Recommendations for ethics committees. 5, pages 101-130. In:
1.Brattebo J, Brattebo G, Wisborg T, Lonn R, Pillgram-Larsen J, and Bronstad AM. How do surgical teams train emergency surgical interventions? Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 121: 1513-1515, 2001.
2.Bronstad A, Berg A, and Reed RK. Effects of the taxanes paclitaxel and docetaxel on edema formation and interstitial fluid pressure. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287: H963-968, 2004.
3.Bronstad A, Reed RK, and Berg A. Effect of the cytoskeletalfixation agent phalloidin on transcapillary albumin transport and interstitial fluid pressure following subdermal prostaglandin E1 administration in the rat. Acta Physiol Scand 180: 125-132, 2004.
4.Bronstad A, Reith A, Berg A, and Reed RK. Effect of the cytoskeletal fixation agent phalloidin on transcapillary albumin transport and interstitial fluid pressure in anaphylaxis in the wistar
rat. Microcirculation 9: 197-205, 2002.
5.Brønstad A, Jenssen M, Ulstein T, Espenes A, and Sjaastad Ø. Et tilfelle av systemisk mastocytose og myeloid proliferasjon hos hund. Norsk Veterinær Tidsskrift 4: 289-295, 1994.
6.Brønstad AM. Interstitial fluid pressure and transcapillary fluid and solute flux in acute inflammation: modulation by cytoskeletal fixation. [Bergen]: Department of Biomedicine, Div. for Physiology, University of Bergen, 2004.
7.Gjerde EA, Eide DM, Bronstad A, and Reed RK. Problems in physiological experimental models investigated with factorial design. J Exp Animal Sc 43: 1-12, 2004.
8.Iversen VV, Bronstad A, Gjerde EA, and Reed RK. Continuous measurements of plasma protein extravasation with microdialysis after various inflammatory challenges in rat and mouse skin. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286: H108-112, 2004.
9.Sun LZ, Elsayed S, Bronstad AM, Van Do T, Irgens A, Aardal NP, and Aasen TB. Airway inflammation and bronchial remodelling in toluene diisocyanate-exposed BALB/c mouse model. Scand J Immunol 65: 118-125, 2007.
10 Brønstad A, Dontas I. Imaging techniques. In Howard B, Perretta G, Nevalainen T (eds): COST Manual for the care and use of laboratory animals: Refinement, reduction and research. CRC press Oct 2010, ISBN: 9781439824924 (p287-312)
11 Rony Kalman R, I Anna Olsson, Claudio Bernardi, Frank van den Broek, Aurora Bronstad, Istvan Gyertyan, Aavo Lang, Katerina A. Marinou, Walter Zeller. Ethical evaluation of rocedures for experiments involving animals. Recommendations for ethics committees. In Howard B, Perretta G, Nevalainen T (eds): COST Manual for the care and use of laboratory animals: Refinement, reduction and research. CRC press Oct 2010, ISBN: 9781439824924 (p101-130)
12 ESF.EMRC Position on the Proposal for a Directive on the Protection of Animal used for Scientific Purposes, European Science Foundation – expert group
13 The role of orgaizational culture in compliance with the 3Rs, Aurora Brønstad, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Bergen, Norway, Anne-Grethe Trønsdal BergHøgskolen i Nord-Trøndelag, Norway, Lab Animal - 40, 1 (2011) p 22-26
14 3R CULTURE, COMPLINACE and CONSEQUENCES Aurora Brønstad, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Bergen, Norway, Anne-Grethe Trønsdal Berg Høgskolen i Nord-Trøndelag, Norway FELASA proceedings
Andre publikasjoner og presentasjoner
"Forskning og Forsøksdyr" Chronicle in VG 29 June 2006
British Society of Matrix Biology (BSMB) London UK, 3-4 April 2000 "MEASUREMENT OF INTERSTITIAL FLUID PRESSURE IN THE RAT PAW SKIN AFTER CHEMICAL MODIFICATION OF CYTOSKELETAL PROTEINS." A.Berg, A.Reith, A.Brønstad, RK Reed (poster)
NorFAs Søndenborg Danmark 17-21 juni 2000 "Internordic course on the regulation of vascular structure and function" (poster)
Scand.Phys.Soc.& Am.Phys.Soc. Joint Meeting, Stockholm Sweden 16-19 August 2000 "DIFFERENCES IN INTERSTITIAL FLUID PRESSURE IN THE TRACHEA OF RATS FROM DIFFERENT STRAINS" EAB Gjerde, DM Eide, A Brønstad, RK Reed (poster)
Joint Congress of the Ger. & and Scand. Phys.Socs, Berlin 10-13 March 2001 "PHALLOIDIN INHIBITS THE FALL IN INTERSTITIAL FLUID PRESSURE AND EDEMA FORMATION IN RAT PAW SKIN NORMALLY ASSOCIATED WITH DEXTRAN ANAPHYLAXIS" A Brønstad, A Berg, A Reith, RK Reed. (poster)
22nd Meeting of the European Society for Microcirculation: Exeter, UK, 28-30 aug 2002 "THE EFFECT OF THE TAXANES; PACLITAXEL AND DOCETAXEL; AND CREMOPHOR -EL ON EDEMA FORMATION AND INTERSTITIAL FLUID PRESSURE" A Brønstad, A Berg, RK Reed. (poster)
Bergen Conference on Cancer Research, Solstrand Bergen 20-21 mai 2005 "MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI) OF SMALL LABORATORY ANIMALS - A NEW OPTION AT VIVARIUM - UNIVERSITY OF BERGEN" (oral presentation)
Norsk Dyretekniker Forenings meeting in Bergen 26-27 mai 2005. Aurora Brønstad: "MR SMÅ DYR - NYE MULIGHTER PÅ UNIVERSITETET I BERGEN" (oral presentation)
Establishing a national platform for alternatives to use of animals (oral presentaton) October 18 2006, Oslo Norway
ESLAV Courses in Laboratory Animal Science for Fish Researchers (poster) Cernobbio, Italy June 10-11 2007
"How to make scientists compliant to research protocol". Anne-Grethe T. Berg1, Aurora M. Brønstad2 & Lisbeth Ø. Rygg1 1Department of Health Science, Nord-Trøndelag University College, Namsos, Norway 2 Animal facilities, Facilty of medicine and dentistry, Bergen,Norway, at Scand-Las meeting Tartu, Estonia 8-11 may 2008 (poster)
Peri-anesthetic challenges in small animal imaging, BCCR 23-24 May 2008, Solstrand-Os, Norway (oral presentation)
Technology and philosophy - surveillance and handling in an animals welfare perspective, Scanbur 10th International Symposium, June 11-12 2008, Køge, Denmark (oral presentation)
Humane endpoints, (lecture) FEALASA C course, November 26 2008 Trondheim, Norway
"Norecopa Norway´s concensus platform for replacement, reduction and refinement of animals experimenst "at ‘Towards a common understanding of the meaning of the 3Rs' 22 &23 January 2009 Vilvorde KursusCenter, Denmark (poster + oral presenation)
The use of activity maps in project authorization (poster) 8th World Conference on Alternatives and Animal Use in Life Science August 21-25 2011, Montreal, Canada
Control of workstations and gas anesthesia equipment for rodents (poster) ESLAV-ECLAM-ILAF meeting: What´s New? Animal models, Housing and Techniques. Jerusalem, Israel, September 5-6 2011
How does repeated anaesthesia effect on animals: physiological and welfare aspects - Challenges of Live Animal Imaging Facilities NorIMM, Turku Finland September 26-27 2011
Bruk av score-sheet og aktivitetskart og hvordan utfyller disse hverandre? Kurs for ansvarshavende I regi av Forsøksdyrutvalget Oslo, Norway November 9 2011
Pig in research and Pig Anesthesia. NTNU, Trondheim, Norway November 25 2011
Humane endpoints, (lecture) FELASA C course, May 6 2011 OSLO, NVH, Norway
3R, 3R culture and compliance with the 3R concept. Scand-LAS, Hell, Norway April 26-29 2012 (oral)
A description of the Human-Animal bond found in different context: its impact on human and animal welfare. Berg AGT, Brønstad AM, Enmarker IC. Scand-LAS, Hell, Norway April 26-29 2012 (poster)
January 2008 DIALOG - a game for development of communications skills