Aurora Martinez is the leader of the research group Biorecognition that studies the relation between biomolecular structure and function to understand and develop new therapeutic options for genetic diseases, notably neurometabolic disorders such as phenylketonuria (PKU) and defects in dopamine synthesis.
Aurora is also a partner in the KG Jebsen Centre for neuropsychiatric disorders. In addition, she is also a partner in the project 'Molecular control of Arc protein: Decoding a master regulator of synaptic plasticity and cognition', coordinated by Clive Bramham, which received support from the Toppforsk Program (NFR).
- 2019. EU-OPENSCREEN: A novel collaborative approach to facilitate chemical biology. SLAS Discovery. 24: 398-413. doi: 10.1177/2472555218816276
- 2019. A scavenger receptor B (CD36)-like protein is a potential mediator of intestinal heme absorption in the hematophagous ectoparasite Lepeophtheirus salmonis. Scientific Reports. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-40590-x
- 2019. Structure of full-length human phenylalanine hydroxylase in complex with tetrahydrobiopterin. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 116 (23): 11229-11234. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1902639116
- 2019. Phenylalanine hydroxylase variants interact with the co-chaperone DNAJC12. Human Mutation. doi: 10.1002/humu.23712
- 2019. The Benefit of Large Neutral Amino Acid Supplementation to a Liberalized Phenylalanine-Restricted Diet in Adult Phenylketonuria Patients: Evidence from Adult Pah-Enu2 Mice. Nutrients. 11. doi: 10.3390/nu11092252
- 2018. Stabilization of Human Tyrosine Hydroxylase in Maltodextrin Nanoparticles for Delivery to Neuronal Cells and Tissue. Bioconjugate chemistry. 29: 493-502. doi: 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.7b00807
- 2018. DNAJC12 deficiency: A new strategy in the diagnosis of hyperphenylalaninemias. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 123: 1-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2017.11.005
- 2018. Tetrahydrobiopterin treatment reduces brain L-Phe but only partially improves serotonin in hyperphenylalaninemic ENU1/2 mice. Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease. 41: 709-718. doi: 10.1007/s10545-018-0150-y
- 2018. Blood phenylalanine reduction corrects CNS dopamine and serotonin deficiencies and partially improves behavioral performance in adult phenylketonuric mice. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 123: 6-20. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2017.10.009
- 2017. DNAJC12 deficiency: A new strategy in the diagnosis of hyperphenylalaninemias. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 123: 1-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2017.11.005