Aurora Martinez is the leader of the research group Biorecognition that studies the relation between biomolecular structure and function to understand and develop new therapeutic options for genetic diseases, notably neurometabolic disorders such as phenylketonuria (PKU) and defects in dopamine synthesis.
Aurora is also a partner in the KG Jebsen Centre for neuropsychiatric disorders. In addition, she is also a partner in the project 'Molecular control of Arc protein: Decoding a master regulator of synaptic plasticity and cognition', coordinated by Clive Bramham, which received support from the Toppforsk Program (NFR).
- 2020. Understanding the interaction between the co-chaperone DNAJC12 and tyrosine hydroxylase.
- 2020. G Protein-Gated Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Channel Subunit 3 Is Upregulated in Rat DRGs and Spinal Cord After Peripheral Nerve Injury . Journal of Pain Research. 419-429.
- 2019. The Benefit of Large Neutral Amino Acid Supplementation to a Liberalized Phenylalanine-Restricted Diet in Adult Phenylketonuria Patients: Evidence from Adult Pah-Enu2 Mice. Nutrients.
- 2019. The Benefit of Large Neutral Amino Acid Supplementation to a Liberalized Phenylalanine- Restricted Diet in Adult Phenylketonuria Patients: Evidence from Adult Pah-Enu2 Mice. Nutrients.
- 2019. Structure of full-length human phenylalanine hydroxylase in complex with tetrahydrobiopterin. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 11229-11234.
- 2019. Phenylalanine hydroxylase variants interact with the co-chaperone DNAJC12. Human Mutation. 483-494.
- 2019. Long Noncoding RNA SChLAP1 Forms a Growth-Promoting Complex with HNRNPL in Human Glioblastoma through Stabilization of ACTN4 and Activation of NF-kappa B Signaling. Clinical Cancer Research. 6868-6881.
- 2019. EU-OPENSCREEN: A novel collaborative approach to facilitate chemical biology. SLAS Discovery. 398-413.
- 2019. A scavenger receptor B (CD36)-like protein is a potential mediator of intestinal heme absorption in the hematophagous ectoparasite Lepeophtheirus salmonis. Scientific Reports. 1-14.
- 2019. A Pharmacological Chaperone Therapy for Acute Intermittent Porphyria. Molecular Therapy.