Aurora Martinez is the leader of the research group Biorecognition that studies the relation between biomolecular structure and function to understand and develop new therapeutic options for genetic diseases, notably neurometabolic disorders such as phenylketonuria (PKU) and defects in dopamine synthesis.
Aurora is also a partner in the KG Jebsen Centre for neuropsychiatric disorders. In addition, she is also a partner in the project 'Molecular control of Arc protein: Decoding a master regulator of synaptic plasticity and cognition', coordinated by Clive Bramham, which received support from the Toppforsk Program (NFR).
- 2018. Stabilization of Human Tyrosine Hydroxylase in Maltodextrin Nanoparticles for Delivery to Neuronal Cells and Tissue. Bioconjugate chemistry. 29: 493-502. doi: 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.7b00807
- 2017. Biallelic mutations in DNAJC12 cause hyperphenylalaninemia, dystonia, and intellectual disability. American Journal of Human Genetics. 100: 257-266. doi: 10.1016/j.ajhg.2017.01.002
- 2017. DNAJC12 deficiency: A new strategy in the diagnosis of hyperphenylalaninemias. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2017.11.005
- 2017. New perspectives for pharmacological chaperoning treatment in methylmalonic aciduria cblB type. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Molecular Basis of Disease. 1864: 640-648. doi: 10.1016/j.bbadis.2017.11.024
- 2017. Phosphorylation at serine 31 targets tyrosine hydroxylase to vesicles for transport along microtubules. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 292: 14092-14107. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M116.762344
- 2017. Effect of nerve injury on the number of dorsal root ganglion neurons and autotomy behavior in adult Bax-deficient mice. Journal of Pain Research. 10: 2079-2087. doi: 10.2147/JPR.S133087
- 2017. Conformational stabilization as a strategy to prevent nucleophosmin mislocalization in leukemia. Scientific Reports. 7. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-14497-4
- 2017. Tyrosine and tryptophan hydroxylases as therapeutic targets in human disease. Expert opinion on therapeutic targets. 21: 167-180. doi: 10.1080/14728222.2017.1272581
- 2017. Pharmacological Chaperoning: A Potential Treatment for PMM2-CDG. Human Mutation. 38: 160-168. doi: 10.1002/humu.23138
- 2016. Tyrosine Hydroxylase Binding to Phospholipid Membranes Prompts Its Amyloid Aggregation and Compromises Bilayer Integrity. Scientific Reports. 6:39488. doi: 10.1038/srep39488