Aurora Martinez is the leader of the research group Biorecognition that studies the relation between biomolecular structure and function to understand and develop new therapeutic options for genetic diseases, notably neurometabolic disorders such as phenylketonuria (PKU) and defects in dopamine synthesis.
Aurora is also a partner in the KG Jebsen Centre for neuropsychiatric disorders. In addition, she is also a partner in the project 'Molecular control of Arc protein: Decoding a master regulator of synaptic plasticity and cognition', coordinated by Clive Bramham, which received support from the Toppforsk Program (NFR).
- 2019. EU-OPENSCREEN: A novel collaborative approach to facilitate chemical biology. SLAS Discovery. 24: 398-413. doi: 10.1177/2472555218816276
- 2019. Structure of full-length human phenylalanine hydroxylase in complex with tetrahydrobiopterin. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1902639116
- 2018. Stabilization of Human Tyrosine Hydroxylase in Maltodextrin Nanoparticles for Delivery to Neuronal Cells and Tissue. Bioconjugate chemistry. 29: 493-502. doi: 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.7b00807
- 2018. Tetrahydrobiopterin treatment reduces brain L-Phe but only partially improves serotonin in hyperphenylalaninemic ENU1/2 mice. Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease. 41: 709-718. doi: 10.1007/s10545-018-0150-y
- 2018. Blood phenylalanine reduction corrects CNS dopamine and serotonin deficiencies and partially improves behavioral performance in adult phenylketonuric mice. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 123: 6-20. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2017.10.009
- 2017. DNAJC12 deficiency: A new strategy in the diagnosis of hyperphenylalaninemias. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 123: 1-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ymgme.2017.11.005
- 2017. New perspectives for pharmacological chaperoning treatment in methylmalonic aciduria cblB type. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Molecular Basis of Disease. 1864: 640-648. doi: 10.1016/j.bbadis.2017.11.024
- 2017. Phosphorylation at serine 31 targets tyrosine hydroxylase to vesicles for transport along microtubules. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 292: 14092-14107. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M116.762344
- 2017. Effect of nerve injury on the number of dorsal root ganglion neurons and autotomy behavior in adult Bax-deficient mice. Journal of Pain Research. 10: 2079-2087. doi: 10.2147/JPR.S133087
- 2017. Conformational stabilization as a strategy to prevent nucleophosmin mislocalization in leukemia. Scientific Reports. 7. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-14497-4