Aurora Martinez is the leader of the research group Biorecognition that studies the relation between biomolecular structure and function to understand and develop new therapeutic options for genetic diseases, notably neurometabolic disorders such as phenylketonuria (PKU) and defects in dopamine synthesis.
Aurora is also a partner in the KG Jebsen Centre for neuropsychiatric disorders. In addition, she is also a partner in the project 'Molecular control of Arc protein: Decoding a master regulator of synaptic plasticity and cognition', coordinated by Clive Bramham, which received support from the Toppforsk Program (NFR).
- 2021. Relevance of Electrostatics for the Interaction of Tyrosine Hydroxylase with Porous Silicon Nanoparticles. Molecular Pharmaceutics.
- 2020. Understanding the interaction between the co-chaperone DNAJC12 and tyrosine hydroxylase.
- 2020. Pathogenic variants of DNAJC12 and evaluation of the encoded cochaperone as a genetic modifier of hyperphenylalaninemia. Human Mutation. 1329-1338.
- 2020. Levalbuterol lowers the feedback inhibition by dopamine and delays misfolding and aggregation in tyrosine hydroxylase. Biochimie.
- 2020. G Protein-Gated Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Channel Subunit 3 Is Upregulated in Rat DRGs and Spinal Cord After Peripheral Nerve Injury . Journal of Pain Research. 419-429.
- 2020. Differential scanning fluorimetry in the screening and validation of pharmacological chaperones for soluble and membrane proteins. 329-343. In:
- 2020. Protein Homeostasis Diseases: Mechanisms and Novel Therapies. Elsevier.
- 2020. Arc self‐association and formation of virus‐like capsids are mediated by an N‐terminal helical coil motif. The FEBS Journal.
- 2019. The Benefit of Large Neutral Amino Acid Supplementation to a Liberalized Phenylalanine-Restricted Diet in Adult Phenylketonuria Patients: Evidence from Adult Pah-Enu2 Mice. Nutrients.
- 2019. The Benefit of Large Neutral Amino Acid Supplementation to a Liberalized Phenylalanine- Restricted Diet in Adult Phenylketonuria Patients: Evidence from Adult Pah-Enu2 Mice. Nutrients.
- 2019. EU-OPENSCREEN: A novel collaborative approach to facilitate chemical biology. SLAS Discovery. 398-413.