- Social processes in the development of health and lifestyles
- Positive psychology
- Health promotion
- Evaluation of interventions in school and leisure time activities
- Physical activity and wellbeing among adolescents
- Quantitative and mixed-method studies
- Cross-sectional, longitudinal, quasi-experimental, international studies
Leader of the PhD research school "Graduate School for Human Interaction and Growth" (GHIG), course coordinator for PROPSY310 (Culture, health and development), supervision of clinical psychology students, master students and PhD students.
- Member of the SIPA-group, a thematic research group on social processes on subejctive health and lifestyles among adolescents.
- Principal investigator for the Norwegian Longitudinal Health Behaviour Study (Prosjektleder for "Voksen i år 2000"), a two-generational, 27 year longitudinal study on subjective health and lifestyles among a cohort in Hordaland county.
- Work Package leader in Longtrends, a project on mental health inequalities financed by the Norwegian Research Council.
Fields of competence