Carla P. D. Fernandes, PhD
- Visitor Address
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
I am working as a senior engineer within the Epigenetics and Multimarkers research group headed by Prof. Stephanie Le Hellard. I am originally from Portugal and moved to Norway in 2009, since when I have been working at UiB. I have a doctorate degree (PhD) in psychiatric genetics from 2015. The doctoral thesis was carried out at the Department of Medical Genetics at the UiB, within the Dr. Einar Martens Research Group for Biological Psychiatry, under the guidance of Prof. Stéphanie Le Hellard and Professor Vidar M. Steen. Additionally, I hold a master's degree (MSc) in molecular genetics and a bachelor's degree (BSc) in biotechnology.
- (2017). A genetic association study of CSMD1 and CSMD2 with cognitive function. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 209-216.
- (2014). Lack of association of the rs1344706 ZNF804A variant with cognitive functions and DTI indices of white matter microstructure in two independent healthy populations. Psychiatry Research : Neuroimaging. 60-66.
- (2014). Human cognitive ability is influenced by genetic variation in components of postsynaptic signalling complexes assembled by NMDA receptors and MAGUK proteins. Translational Psychiatry.
- (2014). GWAS-based pathway analysis differentiates between fluid and crystallized intelligence. Genes, Brain and Behavior.
- (2013). No association of primary Sjögren's syndrome with Fcγ receptor gene variants. Genes and Immunity. 234-237.
- (2013). A genetic deconstruction of neurocognitive traits in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. PLOS ONE. 9 pages.
- (2012). Gene-based analysis of regionally enriched cortical genes in GWAS data sets of cognitive traits and psychiatric disorders. PLOS ONE. 14 pages.
- (2012). DCLK1 variants are associated across schizophrenia and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. PLOS ONE. 12 pages.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)