- 2021. Molecular evidence for a single origin of ultrafiltration-based excretory organs. Current Biology.
- 2021. FGF signaling acts on different levels of mesoderm development within Spiralia. Development.
- 2019. Molecular patterning during the development of Phoronopsis harmeri reveals similarities to rhynchonelliform brachiopods. EVODEVO.
- 2019. Active mode of excretion across digestive tissues predates the origin of excretory organs. PLoS Biology. 1-22.
- 2015. Logics and properties of a genetic regulatory program that drives embryonic muscle development in an echinoderm. eLIFE. 22 pages.
Academic literature review
- 2019. Development and evolution of gut structures: from molecules to function. Cell and Tissue Research. 445-458.
- 2016. Echinoderm systems for gene regulatory studies in evolution and development. Current Opinion in Genetics and Development. 129-137.