- Phone+47 55 58 27 65
- Visitor AddressAllégaten 555007 BergenRoom297
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 Bergen
Carsten Hinzmann is a doctoral candidate in the Nanophysics group at the University of Bergen (uib.no/ift/nanophysics) since April 2020. He does research on nanodiamond coatings and composite materials for the protection of wind turbine blades against erosion with a special interest in natural fibers. He established a laboratory for composite making at the Department for Physics and Technology at UiB.
Carsten is particularly interested in renewable energy technologies. He graduated from the University of Heidelberg, Germany in 2020 with a Master of Science in Physics. His Master’s thesis was about droplet based energy harvesters - rain cells. His Bachelor’s thesis was about organic PV and LEDs.
- (2022). Leading edge erosion: Nanodiamond coated fibers.
- (2021). Nanocrystalline diamond coatings: A new method for wind turbine blade erosion protection?
- (2020). Modelling and Optimization of the Performance of Droplet based electrostatic Energy Harvester.
- (2021). Nanodiamond Coating: Preventing Erosion on Wind Turbine Blades.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Effect of Injection Layer Sub-Bandgap States on Electron Injection in Organic Light-Emitting Diodes
Carsten Hinzmann, Osnat Magen, Yvonne J. Hofstetter, Paul E. Hopkinson, Nir Tessler, and Yana Vaynzof
ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017 9 (7), 6220-6227