- 2018. Immediate effects of blood donation on physical and cognitive performance-A randomized controlled double-blinded trial. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S125-S131.
- 2018. Airway and ventilation management strategies for hemorrhagic shock. To tube, or not to tube, that is the question! Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S77-S82.
- 2016. Making whole blood available in austere medical environments: Donor performance and safety. Transfusion. S166-S172.
- 2015. The lost art of whole blood transfusion in austere environments. Current sports medicine reports. 129-134.
- 2015. Blood far forward: Time to get moving! Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S2-S6.
Academic literature review
- 2016. "Blood failure" time to view blood as an organ: How oxygen debt contributes to blood failure and its implications for remote damage control resuscitation. S182-S189.