- (2023). Social and non-social feedback stimuli lead to comparable levels of reward learning and reward responsiveness in an online probabilistic reward task. PsyArXiv.
- (2023). Perceived discrimination based on the symptoms of covid-19, mental health, and emotional responses–the international online COVISTRESS survey. PLOS ONE.
- (2023). Hungry for compliments? Ghrelin is not associated with neural responses to social rewards or their pleasantness. Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- (2022). The “hunger” hormone ghrelin is associated with neural activation during touch, but not its affective experience. bioRxiv.
- (2022). Single-centre, non-randomised clinical trial to investigate the effects of bariatric surgery on social experiences and biomarkers of well-being one year after surgery in individuals with severe obesity: a protocol for the Bariatric Surgery and Social Experiences (BaSES) study. medRxiv.
- (2022). Sex difference in human olfactory sensitivity is associated with plasma adiponectin. Hormones and Behavior.
- (2021). The major worldwide stress of healthcare professionals during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic – the international COVISTRESS survey. PLOS ONE.
- (2021). The administration of the opioid buprenorphine decreases motivational error signals. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 9 pages.
- (2021). Interplay of self-other distinction and cognitive control mechanisms in a social automatic imitation task. An ERP study. Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience. 639-655.
- (2021). Give me a pain that I am used to: distinct habituation patterns to painful and non‑painful stimulation. Scientific Reports. 11 pages.
- (2021). Dynamic causal modeling of the prefrontal-amygdala network during processing of emotional faces. Brain Connectivity. 13 pages.
- (2021). Detached empathic experience of others’ pain in remitted states of depression – An fMRI study. NeuroImage: Clinical.
- (2021). Chronic non-medical prescription opioid use and empathy for pain: Does pain make the difference? Psychophysiology. 16 pages.
- (2021). Changes in Cannabis Consumption During the Global COVID-19 Lockdown: The International COVISTRESS Study. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 9 pages.
- (2020). Neural mechanisms of reinforcement learning under mortality threat. Social Neuroscience. 170-185.
- (2020). Increasing self-other bodily overlap increases sensorimotor resonance to others' pain. Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience. 19-33.
- (2020). Ghrelin Induces Place Preference for Social Interaction in the Larger Peer of a Male Rat Pair. Neuroscience. 148-154.
- (2020). ERP evidence suggests that confrontation with deterministic statements aligns subsequent other- and self-relevant error processing. Psychophysiology. 14 pages.
- (2019). Stress management in obesity during a thermal spa residential programme (ObesiStress): protocol for a randomised controlled trial study. BMJ Open.
- (2019). Hippocampal Subfields in Acute and Remitted Depression-an Ultra-High Field Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology.
- (2019). Fairness norm violations in anti-social psychopathic offenders in a repeated trust game. Translational Psychiatry. 10 pages.
- (2019). Effects of a short residential thermal spa program to prevent work-related stress/burnout on stress biomarkers: the ThermStress proof of concept study . Journal of International Medical Research.
- (2019). Converging electrophysiological evidence for a processing advantage of social over nonsocial feedback. Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience.
- (2019). Antidepressant treatment, not depression, leads to reductions in behavioral and neural responses to pain empathy. Translational Psychiatry.
- (2002). Hungry for compliments? Ghrelin is not associated with neural responses to social rewards or their pleasantness. bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology.
- (2022). DIVERGING EFFECTS OF THE OPIOID SYSTEM ON ERROR PROCESSING.
- (2021). Being hungry decreases the pleasantness of touch.
- (2020). Editorial: Temporal Dynamics of Reward Processing in Humans: From Anticipation to Consummation. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2022). DOES THE HUNGER HORMONE GHRELIN INFLUENCE THE BRAIN'S RESPONSE TO SOCIAL RECOGNITION? Psychophysiology. S68-S68.
- (2020). Buprenorphine dampens motivational significance of errors. Psychophysiology.
- (2021). BEING FASTED REDUCES TOUCH REWARD.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- (2023). Single-centre, non-randomised clinical trial at a tertiary care centre to investigate 1-year changes in social experiences and biomarkers of well-being after bariatric surgery in individuals with severe obesity: protocol for the Bariatric Surgery and Social Experiences (BaSES) study . BMJ open gastroenterology.