- 2019. Authors’ reply to Del Giudice: The global prevalence and correlates of skin bleaching. . International Journal of Dermatology.
- 2019. Are Video Games a Gateway to Gambling? A Longitudinal Study Based on a Representative Norwegian Sample. Journal of Gambling Studies. 545-557.
- 2019. Anabolic-androgenic steroid dependence is associated with impaired emotion recognition. Psychopharmacology. 2667-2676.
- 2019. Aggression and Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Use Intent in Adolescents: A Longitudinal Study. Substance Use & Misuse.
- 2018. The global prevalence and correlates of skin bleaching: A meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis. International Journal of Dermatology. 24-44.
- 2018. Mental health symptoms and gambling behaviour: A longitudinal study from adolescence to emerging adulthood. Journal of Behavioral Addictions.
- 2018. Does individual gambling behavior vary across gambling venues with differing numbers of terminals? An empirical real-world study using player account data. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2018. Acneiform lesions in a female performance and image-enhancing drug user: The first African case report. African Journal of Drug and Alcohol Studies. 33-36.
- 2017. The relationships between mental health symptoms and gambling behavior in the transition from adolescence to emerging adulthood. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-11.
- 2017. The effects of alcohol expectancy and intake on slot machine gambling behavior. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 203-211.
- 2017. Prevalence and correlates of tattooing in Norway: A large-scale cross-sectional study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 562-570.
- 2017. Perceived source of anabolic-androgenic steroids and the construal of users' personality. Journal of Substance Use. 587-591.
- 2017. People around you – Do they matter? An experimental gambling study. International Gambling Studies. 349-365.
- 2017. Negative wins do not reinforce ‘short-term’ slot machine gambling intensity, game evaluation, and gambling beliefs. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. 1-11.
- 2017. Gambling behavior in alcohol-serving and non-alcohol-serving-venues: a study of electronic gaming machine players using account records. Addiction Research and Theory. 201-207.
- 2016. Perceived anabolic–androgenic steroid use is associated with perceived neuroticism. Journal of Substance Use. 263-267.
- 2016. Doping prevention through anti-doping education and practical strength training: The Hercules program. Performance Enhancement & Health. 24-30.
- 2016. An empirical real-world study of losses disguised as wins in electronic gaming machines. International Gambling Studies. 470-480.
- 2016. Aggression is associated with increased anabolic–androgenic steroid use contemplation among adolescents. Substance Use & Misuse. 1462-1469.
- 2015. Prevalence and correlates of anabolic-androgenic steroid use in a nationally representative sample of 17-year-old Norwegian adolescents. Substance Use & Misuse. 139-147.
- 2015. Attitudes towards use of anabolic-androgenic steroids among Ghanaian high school students. International journal of drug policy. 169-174.
- 2015. Anabolic-androgenic steroid use in the Nordic countries: A meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 7-20.
- 2012. Precincts and Prospects in the Use of Focus Groups in Social and Behavioral Science Research. Qualitative Report.
- 2015. Polypharmacy among anabolic steroid abusers.
- 2015. Anabolic steroids: Initiation, prevalence, and mental health effects.
- 2014. The global epidemiology of anabolic-androgenic steroid use.
- 2014. Illicit anabolic steroid use: Global and Nordic prevalence.
- 2014. Illicit anabolic steroid use prevalence: Global to Nordic.
- 2014. Illicit anabolic steroid use initiation: A qualitative metasynthesis.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2017. The social perception of anabolic steroid users.
- 2017. Ghana’s history through symbolism.
- 2016. Doping and aggression.
- 2015. Anabolic steroid abuse in the Nordic countries: A systematic review.
- 2012. Ghanaian youth's drug use.
- 2016. Losses disguised as wins and gambling behavior in EGMs.
- 2016. Anabolic steroid abuse: Prevalence and polypharmacy.
Reader opinion piece
- 2015. Anabolic androgenic steroid use in the Nordic countries : a reply to Bilgrei and Sandøy. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 27-30.
- 2012. Ghanaian youth's drug use: The role of stressful life events and perceived social support.
- 2010. Perceived stress, self-esteem, and perceived social support as determinants of adolescents' psychosocial health.
Popular scientific article
- 2014. Anabolic steroids a global public health problem amid boom in cosmetic use. The Conversation.
- 2014. Anabolic steroid use is not just about bodybuilding. The Conversation.
Letter to the editor
- 2018. Comment on the global gaming industry's statement on ICD-11 gaming disorder: a corporate strategy to disregard harm and deflect social responsibility? Addiction. 2145-2146.
- 2015. Nonmedical anabolic-androgenic steroid use: Prevalence, attitudes, and social perception.
Popular scientific book
- 2017. Doping and Public Health. Antidoping Norge.
Academic literature review
- 2018. Androgen abuse epidemiology. 185-194.
- 2015. Polypharmacy among anabolic-androgenic steroid users: A descriptive metasynthesis.
- 2014. The global epidemiology of anabolic-androgenic steroid use: a meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis. 383-398.
- 2014. The aetiology and trajectory of anabolic-androgenic steroid use initiation: A systematic review and synthesis of qualitative research.
- 2014. Methods used in a meta-analysis and meta-regression analysis of the global epidemiology of anabolic-androgenic steroid use. . In:
- 2014. SAGE Research Methods Cases. Sage Publications.