Molecular mechanisms of cell adehsion
The Gullberg laboratory has characterized the integrin α11β1, which is expressed on subsets of normal fibroblasts and on carcinoma-associated fibroblasts. Cells lacking α11β1 display disturbed cell-collagen interactions, altered metalloproteinase synthesis and reduced cell proliferation. Major projects within the group aim to further understand the role of this collagen receptor and other fibroblast integrins during health and in disease.
- (2021). Selectivity of the collagen-binding integrin inhibitors, TC-I-15 and obtustatin. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology.
- (2021). Collagen assembly at the cell surface: dogmas revisited. Cells. 1-22.
- (2020). Integrin α11β1 is a receptor for collagen XIII. Cell and Tissue Research.
- (2020). Integrin Binding Dynamics Modulate Ligand-Specific Mechanosensing in Mammary Gland Fibroblasts. iScience.
- (2020). Generation of a novel mouse strain with fibroblast-specific expression of Cre recombinase. Matrix Biology Plus.
- (2019). Toward understanding scarless skin wound healing and pathological scarring [version 1; peer review: 2 approved]. F1000 Research.
- (2019). Stromal integrin α11 regulates PDGFR-β signaling and promotes breast cancer progression. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 4609-4628.
- (2019). Integrin α11β1 is expressed in breast cancer stroma and associates with aggressive tumor phenotypes. The journal of pathology. Clinical research. 69-82.
1990 Phd Medical Chemistry, Uppsala University
1990-1992 Post Doc, Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles
1993-2003 Researcher, Uppsala University
2004- today Professor, Department of Biomedicine, UoB